Metro Radio Ratings: Survey 7, 2018

Sack them on a high?

As we know, TL had three programs (George and Paul, Pete Graham, Sharina) that actually rated well in Sydney while the rest of the schedule tanked!

Curious to see if HIT manage to renew H&K for drive in 2020. ARN Claimed that the did not renew them because Kate would not sign a contract beyond 2019 and was planning to relocate temporarily to France.

Interesting what they do with 2Day Breakfast for 2020 given there is slight momentum there now perhaps.

They should leave it as it is. They need to see where this goes. So far, so good.

1 Like

2DayFM only 0.2 points behind KIIS1065 in afternoons.

3 Likes

And Brisbane and Perth …

I just can’t work out why NE don’t promote the bejesus out of Smooth on DAB+ and Online in Brisbane, Perth and Adelaide.

They’ve got the winning formula in Sydney and Melbourne why the hell aren’t they promoting it in the other cities?

1 Like

Just shows you am music can work. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

No, it’s far more recent than that.

4MMM last led the Brisbane ratings in Survey 3, 2010, when they scored a 12.3% share, just ahead of sister station B105 (now hit105) at 12.1%.

1 Like

Yep - totally sailed right past that on the ol’ spreadsheet :slight_smile:

So Brisbane desperately need a 2WS or a Smooth. Or both. :wink:

3 Likes

Exactly. Especially supplemented property with DAB+

1 Like

Desperately Smooth anyway. 97.3 is a bit closer to WS these days and KQ is great as is. Smooth is the gap.

2 Likes

This has been said many times before, but I actually think that if there was a Smooth (or to a lesser extent, Pure Gold) station on FM in Brisbane, they’d have a very good chance of being #1 in the ratings.

5 Likes

Its possible, 97.3 used to be very similar to Mix 106.5 Sydney when it was dominant. The network shows do not sound great, when you mix the content of Will & Woody with the Music of WSFM it really doesnt gel.

4 Likes

If 97.3FM keeps declining then it could become a reality.

Then again, who are we kidding… ARN would win over NE and it would become KIIS97.3.

2 Likes

KQ is classic hits. It would be great if WS revert back to that format. I think it is a real winner.

3 Likes

Remember when I said this about Fox and people (one person) said I was crazy, that I couldn’t possibly predict such a thing from one survey?

Luckily for those one #1 bonuses at Fox breakfast, Nova had an average book and Smooth was more or less flat, but Smooth is certainly within striking distance at breakfast (!). A .4 tick up for Smooth and a .5 tick down for Fox would have them level - both results are very possible. A result identical to today’s for Christian O’Connell would see him take #1 if others stay flat or drop.

Fantastic result for Smooth. Proves you can be #1 without having live announcers! As much as we love to talk about ‘live n local’ it’s clear the audience doesn’t care anywhere near as much.

Fox, Gold & Smooth all in very close contention for #1 FM, with Smooth edging them out this time.

Fox & Gold beating the entire rest of the board in the arvos.

Survey 1 2019 will be very interesting for Melbourne.

Big day for Smooth. #1 in both markets. Interesting that in Sydney, Smooth actually lost overall share, but still managed to hit #1 (and lost in what might traditionally be their demographic but picked up in 18-39).

Mix, Cruise, 5AA and ABC are killing it in Adelaide. Maybe a reflection of the demographic of those that listen more than anything though…

Interestingly, their best rating timeslot is the heavily networked evenings…

1 Like

100% agree. It could dominate the market if it stopped sounding so disjointed and modified the music just a tad to be a bit more like the old Mix 106.5 or Smooth. They could keep some of the newer music of course but they need to differentiate from Hit and Nova.

2 Likes

Agree with the sentiment that 96fm should go Pure Gold. Would grab some share off Mix and 6IX, can’t see them improving past where they are now with the current hybrid format they seem to be running.

2 Likes

I didn’t expect that,that Triple M breakfast show is now Number 1.I listened to Hit 105 Breakfast show last week and they all sound so immature, I found them very irritating.97.3 have really crashed and burned lately,maybe since the departure of Terry,

1 Like