Melbourne CBD Incident

Nine now gone back to cycling.

Partial footage of Nine’s earlier coverage:

3 Likes

Sky

2 Likes

Did they really need to keep the Trump countdown clock on the super? jeez.

5 Likes

CNN simulcasting CNN US from Washington

1 Like

I find the massive watermarks rotating over vision of things like the vehicle being driven into pedestrians, and the aftermath with people unconscious on the street with serious injuries, to be considerably more tasteless and wrong. It appears that Seven are the main offenders, Nine seems to be controlling their urges pretty well.

2 Likes

News coverage from TV3 New Zealand on the incident.

5 Likes

3 Likes

How tragic :cry: Thoughts with everyone affected and all emrrgency services / authorities.

Most networks (bar Ten and SBS) seem to be doing the best job they can at covering the major incident.

I have noticed numerous ‘News Flashes’ breaking into Seven’s Australian Open & Nine have gone from road cYcling to news. ABC News 24 & Sky News very comprehensive.

4 Likes

I must say that Sky News actually produced good quality coverage today. I had ABC and Sky News both live at my desk and Sky broke developing details first and provided thorough explanations.

7 Likes

Ten has tweeted it will broadcast live a joint press conference in the 5pm Melbourne bulletin, involving Victorian Premier Daniel Andrews, police and paramedics.

1 Like

I agree, been watching Sky News.

1 Like

Nine had double First on Nine scrolling watermarks for an interview with a witness.

2 Likes

ABC 24 such poor picture quality now that it is SD

2 Likes

Notes from the 5pm press conference:

• Offender is a 26 year old man - has an extensive history of family violence and has mental health + drug related issues. He has come to the police’s attention over the past week due family violence assaults & was charged last weekend. As stated in the previous press conference, he has no connection to terrorism.
    – Police tried to intercept the vehicle before it entered into the CBD but it was deemed unsafe to do so
  • Three people are killed including a child and two adults in their 30s - the child isn’t related to the adults .
  • 15 people are injured, five of them (one is an infant) are in a critical condition
7 Likes

Alicia Loxley is back in Melbourne this afternoon and is reporting doing live crosses on updates & Afternoon News and Nine Melbourne News.
Along with Alexis Daish and Dougal Beatty.

3 Likes

Reporting live into Queensland News

4 Likes

3AW is extending Tom Elliott’s drive program to 7pm AEDT to cover the aftermath.

1 Like

Nine News Sydney coverage:

7 Likes

7 Likes