MediaSpy User Demographics

Understandable that you need to be for your pleasure ! :yum:

Cross country at schools - are they…

• a waste of time
  • great fun

0 voters

At what point do you recharge your mobile phone?
When your battery is down to:

• 50%
  • 30-49%
  • 10-29%
  • Less than 10%
  • Every night regardless of battery level
  • Any time I have access to power source regardless of battery level

0 voters

c - something I never went to because they (correctly) assumed I’d have no hope of completing it.

1 Like

I’ve learned some weird things about you guys from this thread, but there are people that don’t put their phone onto charge over night? Madness. Absolute madness.

I attempted one at high school. Never again. I had to be driven back to school as I nearly collapsed.

As a teacher, the way they are organised is crap. We have the first two periods, which may as well be write-offs as kids don’t bring books and use that as an excuse. And that’s if they turn up - a load of them just wag. I don’t blame them.

Next we send the kids to the park 2.4km away to a park to run between 1 and 3 laps of 2.5km (depending on age), then they have small games and etc., which is a f**ked way to spend the day.

Then we walk them back 2.4km to school. Kids complain that they only live around the corner from said park but because they can’t be f##ked to return the note saying they can leave from the park, they have to walk back to school then get dismissed. And whinge all the way back.

I attempt to get any appointments like medical or other such stuff moved to days like this so I’d have a decent reason to stay home, as they can’t be f##ked changing the staff duties around because f##k it - it’s a waste of my time. I may get paid, but it’s a waste of my time. This year, I have to go as there’s another much more worthwhile use of my time I’d like to go to that I need to call in sick for later this week.

And here’s the kicker - we are across the road from a footy oval where you can do the exact same thing, and we don’t need to deal with a bike path that kids aren’t allowed to cross on.

If it were up to me - cross country would be made optional, and if you did it, you get to stay home the next day. We did it at the last school I taught at, it was a twilight carnival, and those who attended got the next day off. If you didn’t attend, you had to come the next day. Same principle would apply - although I’d also add, if you wagged both days, you have detention.

4 Likes

I am one of those that doesn’t charge their phone every night.
Mostly because I don’t have it switched on all day (Mon to Friday anyway).

When at work (as I’m in an office job) I use my desk phone or email to communicate with non work people, and everyone important has my desk phone number to ring me if urgent.

I only switch my mobile on at lunchtime to check for anything else important, and switch it off again after lunch. I don’t need it beeping at me every 5 minutes because someone has posted a new word in the “Word Association” thread :joy:

2 Likes

At a point which makes @TelevisionAU cringe

1 Like

a low battery is such a trigger. My phone’s a bit old so once it gets to 15% it’s pretty much all over red rover. I will recharge any time I can these days

2 Likes

I do, but could only pick one option. Currently on extended leave so phone’s copping a hiding and needs a top up during the day.

2 Likes

My battery only just lasts one day.

1 Like

Poll #22
Preferred web browser?

• Google Chrome
  • Internet Explorer
  • Edge
  • Opera
  • Safari
  • Firefox
  • Other

0 voters

Poll #23
Favourite phone brand?

• Apple
  • Microsoft
  • Samsung
  • Sony
  • Xiaomi
  • Huawei
  • HTC
  • Google
  • Nokia
  • LG
  • Blackberry
  • Other

0 voters

Whatever free ones the Media Spy pop-up ads tell me I keep winning

9 Likes

We don’t even have desktop phones at my work anymore, calls to our individual landline numbers are automatically redirected to our mobile during office hours or to a server-based answering service after hours which then emails us audio clips of any messages that are left.

2 Likes

Been using one called “Vivaldi” for a while lately, it’s pretty good. a bit like Opera, a bit like Chrome. Nothing like Edge or IE.

Oppo has been pretty good and pretty cheap with Woolworths Mobile. Plan going to run out later in the year and I reckon I’ll get another one.

1 Like

Firefox and Huawei

Is your mobile phone:

• On a 24 month plan
  • Purchased outright and on a SIM only plan
  • On prepaid
  • Older than 24 months

0 voters

Older than 24 months and on a SIM only plan.

What type of phone company are you with?

I just cringe when I see a certain company’s ads because they have a call centre overseas and have expensive plans.

• Mainstream phone company (the ones with the crazy ads)
  • Small phone company (the cheaper and better ones)

0 voters

Small phone companies resell the product from one of the big 3, so it’s never going to be better in terms of network performance.

Sometimes you are limited to 3G or maybe 1st gen 4G (but don’t get access to 4GX or 4G Plus).

2 Likes

Woolies Mobile here and no issues but looking at getting an Optus SIM and trying it. They might finally be able to offer a decent amount of coverage here after never being a realistic prospect. The only network that has ever worked around here is Telstra which has really limited things.

I’ve noticed many plans with handsets are now 36 months too.

1 Like