MediaSpy User Demographics

I have been thinking about this over the last couple of days, thought it may be an interesting question to ask. What is your favourite Nine presentation since the re-introduction of the dots?

• 2008-2009 ‘We❤TV’
  • 2008-2009 Summer
  • 2009 ‘Choose Nine’
  • 2009-2012
  • 2012-2015
  • 2015-present

0 voters

I really liked the 2012-2015 package, particularly the launch version. I feel as though the current package is getting a little tired.

I was considering including the 2008-2010 Nine HD package, but decided against it in the end. I did include the 2008/09 summer look as I believe there were various modifications to the We❤TV package.

It indeed was a different package for that Summer.

As for 2012-15, did the colours mean anything? The great thing with the 02-05 package was there was meaning and consistency with each colour.

1 Like

I think the choice of colours in the 2012-15 (and indeed, current) Nine On-Air Presentation is partially based on the mood/tone and overall branding of a show. Eg, red for The Voice and MAFS, yellow for The Block, green for the NRL…

I feel I’m in this minority with liking the present package. To me it seems simple and refined and doesn’t look too tired. The 2012-2015 was also pretty nice but I feel the present package has made it better and more suited for this period of time.

1 Like

I know it’s not the poll, but ANY presentation Nine did from the 1980s-early 90s leaves the modern era stuff for dead (even though it’s not widescreen or HD).

Watching these “fly around” IDs on YouTube still gives me goosebumps

The problem I had with those '80s fly around IDs was that they were used over several years and weren’t updated nearly enough. They were well done and spectacular but they did your head in when they were used several years in a row. Seven and Ten would update and refresh much more often in those days.

What is your “default” channel/network when you flick on the TV?

• ABC
  • SBS
  • Channel 7
  • Channel 9
  • Network 10
  • Community TV
  • Foxtel Channels
  • I don’t watch TV because I’m too cool

0 voters

Outside of News24 I haven’t watched FTA in over 5 years, don’t even have the antenna lead plugged in.
I don’t think I’m cool though :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

None of the above. I have it set to a Fetch box channel.

2 Likes

Ah, completely forgot that existed.

What about the regionals?

1 Like

Whatever regional channel represents the network I guess.

I would edit the poll but it won’t allow me lol

1 Like

For the example of the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and Central Coast.

HDMI1

9 Likes

That’s an input, not a channel or network.

Same. I have three devices connected to HDMI ports on the TV so when I “flick on the TV” it always turns onto the last device watched. I switch between HDMI source inputs more often than I switch between television channels these days. I have a DVR connected but it seldom gets turned on now because of the unreliability of EPGs and the inability of commercial networks to schedule consistently. I only watch the 6pm news live and everything else is streamed. If the aerial blows down in this weather I wouldn’t bother getting it repaired.

3 Likes

same as me

I am probably in the minority here, but I prefer watching TV over the airwaves, and not recorded off a PVR or streamed.

There’s a sense of “connection” to me, and it just feels more “natural”. Plus no buffering issues and leaving my internet bandwidth available for other things, like posting on Media Spy!

Its the same with radio, I prefer listening to that live and over the airwaves than via streaming too.

3 Likes

Mine defaults to Android TV. There’s not many shows I’ll watch live, and if I do, I’ll often use the streaming apps rather than the aerial.

1 Like

It’s quite interesting that many people on this forum don’t actually rely on FTA/Foxtel for news and general entertainment considering the TV sections of the forum has the most activity.

It surprises me but the majority of the people on this site are under 30?

1 Like
Get Connected: Like us on Facebook | Follow us on Twitter