Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Geez, I reckon Woman’s Day and New Idea are in a frenzy. Look out for special edition by the end of this week alongside Who.

1 Like

Not to mention the breakfast/mid-morning TV programs, they’re also going to have a field day with this Royal Wedding news!

1 Like

Lee Pattinson was definitely not a nun. :smiling_face: She was married but became a widow early on. That book she wrote may have been based on a column she had in New Idea. NLA bio:

Obviously one of the main stories this morning on all breakfast /morning shows.

1 Like

The wedding of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle will take place at Windsor Castle in May 2018. Markle, a Protestant, will be baptised and she will also apply for British citizenship.

1 Like

Can we not report every detail of the wedding plans from now until May? kthx

3 Likes

I thought you’d want to know what the bride, bridesmaids, maid of honour, mother of the bride and the Queen were wearing so your own ensemble doesn’t clash on the big day?

4 Likes

If I gave a flying fig, I’d give you a witty retort. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Actor Jim Nabors, best known for his role as Gomer Pyle on The Andy Griffith Show and its spin-off Gomer Pyle, U.S.M.C, has died at his Hawaii home aged 87.

Julia Stiles gave birth to her first child (a boy) on October 20 but only revealed his name on social media a month later: Strummer Newcomb Cook. She will reprise her role of Georgina in TV series Riviera which has been renewed for a second season.

Sky News Business presenter Ticky Fullerton and Australian Financial Review editor-in-chief Michael Stutchbury are getting married next year.

Very sad to read that Rosemary Margan has died. She was at GTV9 for many years as weather presenter and a regular on shows like IMT and The Graham Kennedy Show. She was also a hostess on early televised presentations of the Logies.

She later was a presenter of commercials on Neil Mitchell’s show on 3AW.

3 Likes

I used to hear 3AW in my office and I often heard Rosemary reading the commercials at various times during the day. She had a great voice. Very sad.

1 Like

Lovely tribute to Rosemary from Neil Mitchell who was her brother in law on his radio show this morning. He played some of the interview with her from 2007 when she retired.

Tribute to Rosemary Margan from Channel 9 in today’s death notices:

9 Likes

Nine presenter Lauren Phillips has married her long-time love Lachlan Spark in Victoria’s Mornington Peninsula.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/victoria/lauren-phillips-marries-lachlan-spark-in-fairytale-wedding/news-story/a34e157bbeabdca89623b065c65329b8

Rory O’Donoghue, best known for his role of Thin Arthur on The Aunty Jack Show in the 1970s, has died aged 68.

Neighbours castmates Travis Burns (Tyler Brennan) and Emma Lane (Courtney Grixti) were married today according to a Herald Sun story. The online article also mentioned Travis is leaving the series but it has been taken down now. Maybe breached an imbargo.

Singer Enrique Iglesias and tennis player Anna Kournikova, welcomed twins Nicholas and Lucy having kept the pregnancy a secret.

British actor Terence Beesley, who played Buxton in Victoria (recently aired on ABC), died suddenly in late November at 60. Beesley married fellow actor Ashley Jensen (Ugly Betty, Extras) in 2007 after meeting on the set of a play.