Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Australian theatre director Kellie Dickerson has passed away after being diagnosed with multiple system atrophy in 2020. Her former partner Rob Guest died in 2008 from a stroke.

1 Like

Michael Taylor the former managing director of Universal Music Australia has passed away.

1 Like
3 Likes

He and his wife, co-star Susan Seaforth Hayes, never forgot the reception they used to get when they visited Australia, particularly as guests at the Logie Awards in 1977 and meeting fans in Australia. When they were honoured at the Daytime Emmys with Lifetime Achievement Awards in 2018, in their acceptance speech Bert Newton and Adelaide’s Anne Wills were among the few non-American names to be mentioned.

6 Likes

On a happier note …

5 Likes
1 Like

The body of former Socceroo Steve Laybutt had been found in bushland in the New South Wales north coast.

2 Likes

Joyce Randolph (far right).

3 Likes

I’ve been a fan of the show for 40 years I still watch it on 9 GEM,even though its had some ridiculous storyline’s over the years

Veteran British sports journalist and author Mike Dickson has died in Melbourne while covering the Australian Open. He was due to turn 60 on January 27.

Former Australian MotoGP and Superbike rider Anthony Gobert has died.

1 Like

1 Like
2 Likes
1 Like

My parents had a couple of her LPs and she seemed a constant on 3MP back in the 80s and of course “Look what they’ve done to my song Ma” was used as a game title on Spicks and Specs.

5 Likes

The Hilltop Hoods sampled her “People in the front row” on “The Nosebleed Section” too.

3 Likes

Oh yes of course.

1 Like
1 Like
3 Likes
1 Like