Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Herald Sun tweeted this morning today’s edition has 15 pages of reports, pictures, tributes + poster. Here is the front and back page:

3 Likes

Brisbane commercial stations all had reports with a lot of archival TV footage.

2 Likes

Surprised that he got reported on the 3 Brisbane channels. I didn’t think he was as well known up there.

I immediately recognised him when the news was shown, so some of the sports shows must have made it to air up here. The Ten report from Rob Waters was 4 minutes. I’ll put the clips in the TV History area where there might be some interest in the memories.

The family of Lou Richards has accepted the Victorian Government’s offer of a state funeral. It is expected to held in Melbourne sometime next week.

theres a lot of ex victorians up here. quite a few of the people i have spoken to up here know of him.

It’s a boy! Former Hi-Five star Lauren Brant and Barry Hall welcome their first child

So I’m A Celebrity Get me Out Of Here is good for something. :stuck_out_tongue:
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/its-a-boy-former-hifive-star-lauren-brant-and-barry-hall-welcome-their-first-child/news-story/c9dc0c9c3e2668942111175c04ba19ec

@JohnsonTV State funeral for Lou Richards to be held at St Paul’s Cathedral next Wednesday at 11am.

I assume it may get TV coverage. The funeral for Ted Whitten (which i think was a state funeral) was simulcast between both 7 and 9 some years ago and I think they also both simulcast the memorial service for Graham Kennedy. Or in that case 7 covered it and in a goodwill gesture made a feed available to 9.

ABC radio is reporting mark colvin (presenter of PM) has passed away

ABC said Colvin died at 65 after he struggled for more than 20 years with a rare auto-immune disease. Very sad.

Quite an interesting life. He was the son of an MI5 agent and was the ABC foreign correspondent. He picked up an unknown virus in Rwanda during the time he spent covering stories on the war and famine there. It damaged his kidneys and he had a kidney transplant from a donor who was the subject of one of his interviews. They made a stage play about it.

He is survived by his wife and two sons. They did a long story on his life during ABC News at midday and spoke to his good mate ABC journalist Jim Middleton.

US actor Michael Parks has died at 77. In a career that spanned five decades, Parks acted in more than 100 films and TV shows, including Twin Peaks, Kill Bill and From Dusk to Dawn.

Here is Mark Colvin, then a reporter with Nationwide, pictured with colleagues Bill Nicol, Paul Griffiths, Clive Hale, Paul Murphy and Richard Carleton in TV Times, 24 March 1979. About a month after the launch of Nationwide.

Catweazle star Geoffrey Bayldon has died at the age of 93.

American actor Powers Boothe has died at 68 from natural causes. He played Gideon Malick on Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. as well as former mayor Lamar Wyatt on 26 episodes of Nashville, and a Vice President Daniels on 24. He also appeared in movies Sin City and Sin City: A Dame to Kill For.

Chris Cornell of Audioslave and Soundgarden fame has passed away, aged 52.

A medical examiner has ruled he died by suicide.

Dina Merrill, an heiress turned actress who starred in classic movies such as 1960’s “BUtterfield 8” (opposite Elizabeth Taylor) and 1963’s “The Courtship of Eddie’s Father”, has died aged 93.

Sir Roger Moore, best known for being the 3rd actor to play James Bond, has passed away aged 89 after a battle with cancer.