Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Long-serving Channel Nine receptionist Lydia Rouesnel dies of cancer

1 Like

Scottish born actor Tommy Dysart, best known for his role as bent screw Jock Stewart in Prisoner and the Yellow Pages Goggomobile commercial, has passed away. He was 86.

I can’t hear a deep voiced Scotsman without being a little creeped out thanks to the Jock Stewart character giving me chills when I was a kid watching Prisoner.

4 Likes

Many people will remember him for the Goggomobil commercial, and the Dons ham and sausages ad later on.

4 Likes

what?

Was that car an actual Goggomobile, and not a nickname given by Tommy’s character in the Yellow Pages commercial?

Goggomobil is an actual car Goggomobil - Wikipedia

3 Likes

I stand corrected :slightly_smiling_face: For more than 30 years I always thought that car was a Beetle and wondered why the character didn’t call the model by name.

Not the Dart! They always think it’s the Dart :cry:

1 Like

Tommy’s appearance on D-Gen’s The Late Show.

1 Like

The Project panelist Jan Fran gave birth to a baby boy this morning.

3 Likes

UPDATE 20/6

6 Likes
1 Like

Anyone surprised?

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Did they remove the “further tributes” page from the site? All I can find is the main In Memoriam page.

1 Like

wow that didn’t last long!

This is both the on-air version and the additional online version put together

YouTube: dontv3192

4 Likes

I realise time was a consideration when putting together the main package but you’d think there’d be some way to include everyone. Perhaps they could’ve broken it up into two segments or had multiple people on screen at the same time. There were some rather big, recognisable names in that additional online version.

5 Likes

Obviously they didn’t think they were so recognisable. Roger Cardwell “music presenter”? I mean, yes he hosted country music shows in Adelaide back in the 1960s but he was a newsreader for much of his TV life, at all 3 commercial stations in Adelaide over the years plus a guest presenter stint at ABC.

2 Likes

Don’t get @blackbox started? (Even thou I argee with him)

1 Like