Matches, Hatches, Dispatches

Joni Sledge, a member of Sister Sledge (best known for its No. 1 hit We Are Family), died in Phoenix last Friday aged 60.

New Zealand cartoonist and Footrot Flats creator Murray Ball died yesterday, aged 78, after a battle with Alzheimer’s disease.

Former Channel Seven Melbourne presenter and newsreader Dan Webb has died aged 92. He was the first host of Good Friday Appeal telecast on Seven.

Very sad news about Dan,his passing was mentioned on tonight’s Seven Melbourne bulletin. His last television appearance was on last years Good Friday Appeal.
I remember growing up Dan use to do the hospital interviews on the Good Friday Appeal,he was a true television legend.
RIP Dan

Rock ‘n’ roll icon Chuck Berry has died at 90

Another one bites the dust.

South Australian TV pioneer and former Thai honorary consul-general, Jaye Walton, has died aged 88.

Nine journalists Sylvia Jeffreys and Peter Stefanovic will be married on Saturday. Confidential is claiming that Karl Stefanovic’s girlfriend Jasmine Yarbrough has not been invited, banned by Jeffreys the story states, and former wife Cassandra Thorburn is apparently also not invited.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/celebrities-executives-head-to-souther-highlands-for-peter-stefanovic-sylvia-jeffreys-wedding/news-story/2a7f922b4c120a188319a4e4a4ae3ed9?nk=6afe5bc39ef987940be836f3f3425b29-1490880174

1 Like

Probably trying to avoid the whole thing turning into a paparazzi circus.

News Corp has aerial photos of the Stefanovic-Jeffreys wedding.

Entertainer Chelsea Brown, best known for Laugh-In and variety performances across Australia, has died, aged 69.

I remember her from Celebrity Squares and The Young Doctors.

@JBar I don’t think she appeared on The Young Doctors.
I remember her from appearances on Blankety Blanks and later E Street.

I could be wrong since I don’t see her credit on IMDB but then again that website is not complete.

I’m thinking she played a performer at the nightclub Bunny’s which was owned by Bunny Howard played by Ugly Dave Gray.

@JBar l stand corrected l think your right about her singing in Bunny’s

@Salty Here’s the opener of an episode of Celebrity Squares which she appeared in.

I’m freaking out at who actually appeared in this episode with her. Bert Newton, Patti Newton, Ugly Dave Gray, Stuart Wagstaff, Bob Rogers, Laugh-In guy Artie Johnson (before my time), Alfred Marks (who?) and OMG they had ABBA in a square. :laughing:

she played a nightclub performer at Duddle’s Disco in Number 96

Typecast? :stuck_out_tongue: Maybe that’s what I’m thinking of but that show was before my time so maybe I’m only remembering snippets I’ve seen and read about.

I don’t think she was in The Young Doctors. That started late in 1976 and I think she was in Number 96 at around the same time before that show wound up in mid-1977.

I think The Young Doctors used to have Sydney band The Executives (who performed the theme song) as the regulars at Bunny’s Disco.

American comedian Don Rickles, who was a frequent guest on late night talk shows and provided the voice of Mr Potato Head in Toy Story, has died aged 90 from kidney failure.
http://www.news.com.au/entertainment/celebrity-life/comedian-don-rickles-dead-at-90/news-story/6187816a38a39e15b4b4083e6025788f

British actor Tim Piggott-Smith, best known for his role in The Jewel in the Crown, has died aged 70. He was working on a TV film version of King Charles III, which imagines Prince Charles’s accession to the throne following the death of the Queen.