MasterChef: Dessert Masters

The business was built aftter his first appearance on Masterchef.

Yes but this show is dedicated to Desserts which is really what his craft and specialty is, also a good promotion for his upcoming restaurant opening in Melbourne. You just can’t buy that sort of publicity.

Good. He can take his homophobic comments and stay out.

He did so many desserts on the show too. From back to win and season 7

What did he say?

Not sure your point, nobody is saying he didn’t? This series however is all about desserts, hence why he likely took part - and good timing for promotion of his upcoming new shop in Melbourne.

2 Likes

https://www.news.com.au/entertainment/tv/reality-tv/masterchef-2020-reynold-poernomos-homophobic-posts-revealed/news-story/63391281229837013c6c6011e9dccd42

Thanks, I think I do remember seeing this at the time. Not a great look, but was obviously a long time ago. We all live and learn

2 Likes

Melissa Leong and Amaury Guichon are back with a brand-new batch of some of the country’s best pastry chefs, dessert wizards and chocolatiers, battling it out to become the next Dessert Master, and win the $100,000 prize. MasterChef faves Emelia Jackson and Reece Hignell will be joined by acclaimed dessert stars like Darren Purchese and Katherine Sabbath along with many more sweet creatives we can’t wait to announce. Just take our advice and don’t watch the show while you’re hungry!

1 Like

Emelia Jackson could become the second person to win two MasterChef titles, after Billie McKay (season 7 and 14 of MasterChef Australia).

1 Like

We will wait and see

10 has posted on social media the photos of the first four contestants for season 2 in the MC kitchen.

Katherine says

THIS is the year I’m truly challenging myself! I’m beyond ecstatic to announce I’ll be joining Dessert Masters Season 2 – coming to your screens later this year on @channel10au & @10playau!

Swipe to see 3 of my BRILLIANT fellow contestants. I can’t wait for you to meet the rest of the sweet creatives who will be joining us in the kitchen…Stay tuned!

Emelia says

Shessssssssssss BACK! honestly at this point they can’t keep me out of that kitchen!
So excited to bake my little heart out later on in the year on Dessert Masters - coming to a channel 10 near you :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

Melissa posted on her Insta this afternoon.

SWEET!

The chocolate god himself, @amauryguichon and I, are back for #DessertMastersAU in 2024 on @channel10au @paramountplusau.

A whole new host of seriously talented pastry professionals show us what they’re made of, and believe me when I say they came to play!

Stay tuned as we reveal who they are…

In an interview with News Corp’s James Wigney on new SBS observational series The Hospital: In the Deep End, Melissa said she had already completed filming on the second season of Dessert Masters. She also said she filmed her part in the SBS documentary last year, in between her final season on MasterChef and the first season of Dessert Masters.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/television/melissa-leong-shares-impact-of-new-role-on-sbs-medical-documentary-the-hospital-in-the-deep-end/news-story/b87d9f613556f79d94eec5caf012a425

1 Like

Melissa was on today’s Top Gear Australia

1 Like

From TV Tonight’s programmer’s wrap with Paramount ANZ SVP Content and Programming Daniel Monaghan

Instead 10 has scheduled Deal or No Deal’s celebrity specials from July 22, during the first week of the Olympics.

I wonder what causes the change of plans?

The show rated well for 10 last season. I wouldn’t waste it up against the Olympics.

Agree, always thought this was crazy. Would get hammered up against the Olympics and too close to MasterChef. Glad they’ve come to their senses as they really need high rating content at the back half of the year.

1 Like

I noticed that 10 weren’t promoting this and are promoting Hunted as starting after the Olympics.

It’s probably the case because they’ve cancelled a few shows (Like Bachelors/Masked Singer/Traitors) that they would have some gaps later in the year if they aired Dessert Masters now and it could be wasted against the Olympics. So better off airing filler during the Olympics and pushing some things out a bit later in the year.

1 Like