MasterChef Australia

Looks like the producers have introduced new background music for season 10.

1 Like

They tweaked it last year

I do wonder why ten haven’t ever tried a sister show of Masterhcef to air on Eleven. So many contestants weren’t featured. Could quite easily have an episode where contestants share recipes etc and we get to see those that didn’t feature.

I have always suggested that unseen clips from last night’s top 24 challenge as well as invention tests should be uploaded to MC website, so we can hear the full comments from the judges.

EDIT: in season 4 there was a top 24 special (Class of 2014) which aired on Thursday, May 15 that year, the night after the second elimination of the week.

EDIT 2: looks like the contestants stayed in the same mansion in Melbourne’s eastern suburbs for the second season in a row.

1 Like

Watching a recording of Hughesy from Tuesday, there was an ad for the Top 24 cook off about the dish the judges had never heard of, which was the African peanut stew. I must have missed something because Matt was happy about the dish as soon as he heard it and the judges never commented on it being something unusual, did I miss something?

I see that the contestants are now transported to and from the Masterchef kitchen in Holden vehicles,Equinox I think,the newest Holden SUV. like tonight’s elimination challenge,they have to cook with food from their own fridges.

If I remember correctly, the judges’ views changed after they ate the peanut stew (made by Chloe). They quite liked the dish.

As for tonight’s elimination challenge, how did the crew moved Brett’s fridge from his Noosa home at short notice? It was much easier to move Jess’ fridge and Genene’s fridge from their Melbourne homes.

They probably just put the ingredients in fridges from melbourne.

Reality TV is far from being actual reality

8 Likes

I found the letters from home very unnecessary.

3 Likes

According to the promo at the end of tonight’s episode the judges revealed a crucial change to the mystery box challenge. The winner would compete in the immunity challenge along with the top three contestants from the pressure test. So the contestants had two chances in one day to impress the judges and make it to the immunity challenge.
The promo also shows a MC logo trophy on a contestant’s bench. I wonder what it was for?
The promo also says Maggie Beer will be special guest on Sunday’s invention test, and on Wednesday we will see the MCG group challenge featuring players from AFL club Melbourne Demons during their pre-season training.

1 Like

It is a season full of surprises Johnson!

Also, anyone else notice how every fridge conveniently had “Bulla” cream? A major sponsor :wink:

5 Likes

And I notice that eliminated contestants were chauffeured out of MC kitchen in the new generation Holden Commodore (which is now made in Germany).

2 Likes

I do like this change. I always thought it was silly how they do a whole challenge just so one person can pick an ingredient, and so often that person ended up for elimination anyway.

Yeah there is no way they had 24 fridge’s ready to come out to a challenge. More than likely when they signed up for the season they had to provide a photo of their fridge at some point, or they contacted a family member to take a photo of their fridge and send it through. They then would have replicated what was in there.

I know right. Most of them had there families there for the auditions 3 episodes ago…

2 Likes

Chef and Holden brand ambassador Adam D’Sylva will be special guest on an upcoming episode of this season as part of the carmaker’s partnership with the show.

[quote=“JohnsonTV, post:1699, topic:366, full:true”]
And I notice that eliminated contestants were chauffeured out of MC kitchen in the new generation Holden Commodore (which is now made in Germany).
[/quote]Yes very sad that there’s no more vehicles manufactured here in Australia anymore (off topic I Know)

Apart from the winner of mystery box going straight to the immunity challenge, the contestant with the MC logo trophy under his or her mystery box also got to choose the eight ingredients for everyone. That is a good change.
Also next week is Nigella Lawson week as posted in Ten Network schedules thread.

EDIT: Sashi took full advantage of the ability to choose ingredients to win the mystery box challenge.

2 Likes

First full episode I’ve watched and really do they need to have it go on for so long … a tight 1 hour would be perfect but they really drag it out for no reason for 1 hour and 15 mins. Not needed.

4 Likes

Agree. To me the show is starting to feel stale this year. It feels like the excitement is gone and its just more of the same old thing. The running time doesn’t help.

I record the show on my Foxtel IQ box and start watching about an hour after it starts.This way I can zip through the ads really quickly, I can also fast forward the recap of the previous episode