MasterChef Australia

An alcohol ban imposed with an ICO means George can’t drink alcohol anywhere in NSW during a specified period, but does not mean he cannot eat food which has alcohol in it during MasterChef challenges. If an ICO applies in NSW only he can still have alcohol in other states although it will not be a good look.

It would also appear to be a non-penalty for someone who spends so much time outside NSW, so perhaps other types of punishment will be looked upon more favourably (by the magistrate, not the convicted criminal)?

The whole thing is ridiculous IMO. He supposedly punched the guy in the stomach once, without causing injury. It’s below a schoolyard-level offence. Just tell him not to do it again and don’t waste any more of the justice system’s time.

2 Likes

An unnamed inside source has told Woman’s Day that Ten are looking to dump George Calombaris from MasterChef, but Ten has told The Daily Mail he will be back next year.

Woman’s Day telling fibs again, just a week after they lost a massive defamation case.

5 Likes

Masterchef Judge George Calombaris To Return In 2018

CHANNEL 10 has confirmed MasterChef judge George Calombaris will return to the hit cooking show, despite a publication reporting that it would dump him because of “negative PR.”

“All of the MasterChef Australia judges including George Calombaris will return in 2018,” she told Confidential.

2 Likes

That is a pity. I think they needed to do a shuffle with some of the judges and put in a female presence.

1 Like

I’m guessing being the tenth season they didn’t want to change it up too much. I think a good idea would be to keep the judges but add 1 or 2 more into the mix to fill in on different days. It would be adding enough new blood into the show whilst still keeping the judges there that have been there the whole way. A female judge in the mix would definitely be a huge improvement.

1 Like

Season 9 will finally premiere in India next Monday (September 25) and will be shown on weeknights. As posted previously, this is the first time in three years the show is not being fasttracked by the local broadcaster Star India. MasterChef still has a huge following in the country but I think the broadcaster is testing the patience of local fans.

2 Likes

George Calombaris has been fined $1000 by the Downing Centre Local Court in Sydney for punching a teenage fan at the A-League grand final in May. Since the incident he has lost a $300,000 ambassadorship (Swisse?).

1 Like

MasterChef celebrates a decade next year.

As does The Project.

Plus Lisa Wilkinson on board and CBS in control.

Pretty huge year, everyone will expect big things.

So George being convicted and losing ambassadorship isn’t a flash look :hushed:

A 1000 dollars is just a drop in the ocean for him I would imagine.

1 Like

George has been convicted for the assault though, which could affect his chances of applying for a working visa if MasterChef goes overseas again sometime next year.

1 Like
2 Likes

I have to decide if I want to continue to watch MC next season, I probably will

Season 9 winner Diana Chan received a warm welcome on October 8 (two weeks ago) when she attended a homecoming meet and greet at Mid Valley Megamall in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. She also did a live cooking demo of one of her signature dishes (a dessert).

To celebrate her win, the current season is being repeated from start to finish on cable channel Lifetime on Saturday afternoons.

Also, congratulations to season 4 contestant Kylie Millar who was named Young Chef of the Year at Fairfax Good Food Guide 2018 Awards this week.

4 Likes

He’s a high profile TV personality.

Not that it’s acceptable at all, but I’m sure Ten’s lawyers would work hard around that.

Season Ten better Have Fewer Episodes and much less Mystery Boxes.

Why?

1 Like

Exactly, why?

Didn’t stop the winner announced two years ago from getting 2.2m (metro), biggest non-sport for that year.

Expect 2018 to be biggest yet (decade anniversary) & address bit of a drop in audience this year :tada: