MasterChef Australia

Was Tamara the one eliminated on Monday?

Yep. I think this happened last year too. Tamara is a star performer, she narrates well, looks good, no way she was not being brought back. They were so sorry on Monday evening when she made such a visually sloppy cake that there was no way they could bluff and keep her in. The disappointment on their faces was obvious, especially Gary’s when he told Arum “against all the odds” he had pulled off a great cake…! Think we know who was really marked for elimination…

And why do the judges act like they’re best mates with Reynold? They were totally shitty with him, mainly Gary, the entire time he was in the competition.

1 Like

A good episode of team challenge with guest Matt Sinclair (last year’s runner up) whose new Asian restaurant Sum Yung Guys opened in Noosa last week. Two factors were crucial in the blue team’s loss: 1) the team could not decide on side dishes for the tuna until the last minute before settling on watercress and fried vermicelli. The judges panned the whole dish; 2) Ben overrode Michelle’s call to drop grilled apricot from the dessert. Michelle’s fear was realised when the judges felt the apricot did not contribute to the dish at all.
The red team had a solid result. They created two great main dishes (beef with XO sauce and five spice pork belly) and a tasty dessert.

It was great to see Matt Sinclair again . I always meant to visit Eat Street Markets here in Brisbane to see his pop up food stall but I never got around to going there :confused:,Not sure if he still has it if he’s opened up his own restaurant now,Could anyone from here who lives in Melbourne tell me where this team challenge was filmed,was it at St Kilda?

The team challenge was filmed at Seaworks at Williamstown in mid February.
Matt’s pop-up at Eat Street Market only ran for a few months before it closed earlier this year (did you hear the judges wishing Matt good luck on his new restaurant?).

Thanks for that , I must visit there next time I’m in Melbourne.At last it was time for Ray to exit the competition,he really struggled in this cook. I’m still surprised he lasted this long

Yeah, Ray has been struggling in last few challenges. He seemed to always spend first 10-15 minutes of cooking time pondering what dish to create, before making his move. It was only a matter of time before he was eliminated.
Arum was close to being eliminated too, it was only the judges’ love of the flavour combinations in his steak dish which saved him.

1 Like

Only 4 guys left now,Callum,Arum,Sam and Ben. I don’t think a guy will win this season either.My money is on either Diana ,Karlie or Michelle to win now

###Heston’s Road Trip.

Starts This Sunday At 7.30pm.

Heston Blumenthal returns to MasterChef Australia in what promises to be the biggest week ever.

Heston will be taking our top 12 contestants on a road trip through regional Victoria, travelling across the state from Mildura to Mornington to cook with fresh local produce.

The first stop is the mighty Murray River in Swan Hill, where the judges reveal that every challenge across the week will be based on one of the four elements: earth, air, fire and water. The mystery box has been set by Heston – a selection of ingredients from the Murray catchment – and the invention test sees the contestants creating a delicious dish inspired by water.

On Monday, the judges welcome the contestants to the heart of the Victorian wheat belt and to the iconic Brim silos that celebrate the farmers who have settled in this part of the state. Cooking in pairs, the contestants have 75 minutes to create a two-course meal: one main and one dessert inspired by earth.

Heston’s road trip continues on Tuesday when the contestants cook a three-course meal for local chefs, producers and providores in the incredible Mildura salt pans.

Wednesday sees the contestants closer to Melbourne at Jack’s Magazine on the Maribyrnong River. Built in 1878 to provide safe storage for bonded gunpowder and explosives, the contestants will be taking inspiration from the classical element fire.

After a massive elimination challenge back in the MasterChef Australia kitchen on Thursday, Heston and the judges treat the contestants to very special MasterClass at the picturesque Polperro Winery on the Mornington Peninsula.

2 Likes

It’s on the same night as game two of State of Origin from Sydney.
Jack’s Magazine is in Footscray, just a stone throw across the Maribyrnong River from the Melbourne Showgrounds, where the MC kitchen is located, but many contestants would not have realised. It only opens to the public for guided tours several times during the year.

MasterChef Top 12

3 Likes

Heston week will be fantastic :grinning:

Loving the very picturesque back-drop of the Murray River on the NSW/VIC border (I believe they’re in Swan Hill, thought it was Echuca at first).

Diana performed very well.

I like Heston, like his groovy looking glasses ,he looks like a real nerd. I was shocked to see both Sarah and Diana cook so badly in the invention test when up until now they have both cooked so well

First time we got to see the approximate location of the house the contestants lived in. I think it is in Melbourne’s east, most likely Surrey Hills.
The mystery box curse struck again. Diana really wasted the 15 minute head start and Heston’s mentoring.
Did the 12 contestants stay in the same hotel during the road trip even though some of them faced elimination? It also looked like the producers rented a farm nearby for some contestants to recall their cooking.

1 Like

Yeah, that’s the bullshit-scientific-geek-food-guy angle he’s going for.

I can’t emphasis enough how much I dislike Heston. Everything about him is awful.

1 Like

They must have had a giant generator to power all their cooking equipment,cooktops,ovens,refrigerators,etc while they’ve been cooking in the great outdoors.They’ve also had to battle the elements ,hot and windy conditions . I’m not surprised that Sam and Callum are into elimination,any meat that is not cooked properly is a big no-no for the judges

They had several generators to power the ovens and fridges. They might also have bottled gas for cooktops.
I don’t think why the crew did not wait until the wind eased before starting the cooking challenge beneath the silos at Brim. Was it timed to suit the crew’s travel schedules and also give contestants enough time to recount their cooking at a rural farm?
Both male teams struck trouble with undercooked lamb but were praised by the judges for their respective desserts. Sam and Callum went into elimination because their main was just bad.

2 Likes

Here is the media release from Murray River Salt and the media release from Mildura Rural City Council on tonight’s episode. ABC also has a report on tonight’s episode even though the show is on a commercial network.
I saw the Murray River Salt ad once and a Mildura tourism ad twice tonight.
Michelle was very good at making desserts so it was rare to see her struggling to make a ganache in last night’s episode. That and the lack of salt in the dessert were some of the reasons her team went into elimination.

2 Likes

Why has’nt Masterchef Filmed any Queensland Episodes yet, Season Ten better Happen???

1 Like