MasterChef Australia

If I hear George saying to the contestants "Boom Boom,shake the room "again, I’ll throw something at the TV screen

1 Like

Tonight’s MasterClass was filmed at Fresh Select vegetable farm at Werribee South in Melbourne’s south west. Tomorrow night Yotam will appear on The Living Room in a cooking segment with Amanda Keller, filmed on the gardens outside Werribee Park Mansion. It’s possible that both were filmed on the same day, with Yotam travelling from the farm to Werribee Park to cook with Amanda before returning for one final cooking demonstration.

1 Like

Congo Purple Potatoes.

Stupid.

Sounds like the name of a Wiggles song

3 Likes

What an obscure variety of potato.
Tamara, Samuel and Arum all created great dishes in the second round, so it came down to minor details. Samuel was unlucky to be eliminated because there was more pastry than filling in his tart.

###Curtis Stone’s All Aussie Mystery Box.

Sunday 11 June At 7.30pm.

MasterChef Australia welcomes one of Australia’s most-loved and respected chefs, Curtis Stone, back to the kitchen this Sunday for the start of a week of big surprises.

Curtis was recently voted LA Chef Of The Year and his second restaurant, Gwen, which opened less than a year ago has just been named Best New Restaurant by LA Magazine.

He has returned home for a very special MasterChef Australia mystery box challenge on Sunday night.

Curtis reveals to the top 13 contestants that the eight ingredients he has chosen for the mystery box are all 100% Aussie grown. The contestants have 60 minutes to create a delicious dish using one or more of the ingredients in the mystery box, with only three dishes to be tasted. The maker of the winning dish will receive an advantage in the invention test.

In the invention test, the winner of the mystery box challenge must choose three ingredients from a vast array of fresh produce that has been provided by some of the country’s top farmers and producers.

Each contestant has 60 minutes and access to the pantry and garden to create a special dish. In a twist, the judges reveal there will be only one winner in today’s invention test. The winner will be awarded a power pin, a never-before-seen advantage that gives them the power to add an extra 15-minute cook time in a future challenge of their choice.

The four contestants with the least impressive dishes will be facing elimination in Monday night’s pressure test.

4 Likes

Looks like the power pin would replace the power apron which was used in the past two seasons of the show. Would it apply to team challenge too? The power pin would be a waste if he or she made a bad dish with extra time and was eliminated.
The reason there would only be a winner in the invention test was the 12 eliminated contestants would get a chance to cook their way back in the competition in Tuesday’s episode. Thus the power pin recipient would not get a chance to compete for immunity pin for the week.

Is Masterchef nearly over? I want Survivor back.

IShould be a great week next week. I like Curtis Stone.Now there’s a gender imbalance.only 5 guys remain and 8 ladies are still competing

PREACH!! (I am using SurvivorNZ satisfy my Survivor Addiction. I know it isn’t good but am desperate for any Survivor).

I think there’s around 6 weeks left.

It’s Heston Blumenthal week.

1 Like

I am not sure if it is unlucky timing that Heston Blumenthal week coincides with the crucial second State of Origin match and a Thursday night AFL match. Had it aired one week after it could attract more viewers.
Heston Week in regional Victoria starts with a challenge at Swan Hill’s Pioneer Settlement. Here are two articles about the show filming in the town on February 21 this year plus a photo:

https://scontent-sjc2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/16807191_1250079571743266_6345862323522071231_n.jpg?oh=6f78a39dc36e00f479879380034b5942&oe=59A41AB2

Please stop trolling this thread :expressionless:

FYI, it’s Ten’s highest rating program, I think they care more about MC which is only half way through, than Survivor at this present stage.

I caught-up with Thursday via DVR recording.

Sad to see Samuel go :cry: I had a mate message me and I thought it was spolit, but luckily there’s two Samuels (Sam & Samuel), so wasn’t positive.

Can I just say, I enjoyed the MasterClass more than the elimination, in the farm. Especially Yotam’s cake!

Oh please. I am far from ‘trolling’… Just asking when it finishes.

So… I care about Survivor.

1 Like

Promo for Heston Week

3 Likes

I thought Curtis would be on all week😕He was only on tonight’s episode.The Masterchef curse has struck again,Sam winning the advantage in the Mystery Box challenge then bombing out in the invention test.I’m guessing another guy is eliminated tomorrow,either Arum or Ray,hopefully not Sam.

2 Likes

Yes sad to see Sam into an elimination.

Him and Karlie are two of my favs.

Boy, Karlie is on FIRE! :fire:

Yep Karlie was on a roll, after winning mystery box in the last two weeks, reached the top three of invention test last week and this week, competed in the immunity challenge against a top chef, and now winning the power pin. That silver-plated pin only worked for individual challenges before the finals and Karlie could still be eliminated, unless she won the immunity pin as well.

1 Like

Either Karlie or Diana might win I’m guessing.

1 Like