MasterChef Australia

There is 1 super star chef that Masterchef Australia hasnt gotten yet: Gordon Ramsay

2 Likes

I don’t know if they want him. He doesn’t fit the style of the show, although it would be hard for the producers to knock him back knowing he’d be a short-term ratings boost. Years ago George commented on him, not approving of how he treats people, or some such.

1 Like

I don’t think there would be much interest at all if he was on the show. He has been flogged on television enough as it is on heaps of different shows the last few years. I would not like to see him on Masterchef.

I was wondering if Ramsay may make an appearance after MasterChef started in the USA (as he’s one of the hosts), but that was over 5 years ago now.

Filming moved to Western Victoria last week, with Heston Blumenthal returning as a guest. This time last year he was a guest judge on the pop-up restaurants across Melbourne.

1 Like

@ my old home town :slight_smile:

1 Like

Er can’t stand him. He was totally disinterested last time he was on too.

Filming moved to Mandurah (south west of Perth) last week…so did Heston Blumenthal’s battle with George and Gary at the table tennis table.
I reckon this will be part of broadcast week showcasing regional areas.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/television/masterchef-rivalry-heston-blumenthals-table-tennis-battle-royale-with-george-calombaris/news-story/820a9194170cf93d8b8f233e732b3a55

1 Like

New promo on the MCA FB account:

3 Likes

It’s interesting the promo involves past contestants for the first time, telling viewers how they have been successful after the show. Usually these promos feature competitors who have made it into top 24, so keep an eye on them during auditions episodes.

2 Likes

2017 First promo

14 past contestants appear in the promo.

4 Likes

Looks even more wanker-ish than usual.

Ordinary People. Extraordinary Food.

MasterChef Australia.

New Season Coming Soon To TEN And WIN Network.

It is the iconic and beloved series that spearheaded Australia’s food revolution and now the wait is nearly over: the ninth season of MasterChef Australia is coming soon, with a new collection of amazing home cooks ready to impress the judges and the nation.

Eager to tackle the spectacular culinary challenges that will ultimately see one of them become Australia’s next MasterChef, these ordinary Australians will do extraordinary things for the love of food.

Chefs and expert judges Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris relish the chance to mentor these budding cooks, inspiring them to better their best dish each time they tie their apron strings.

Renowned food journalist Matt Preston motivates and educates the contestants, to harness their skill and creativity and continually raise the bar.

Celebrated chef Shannon Bennett returns as a guest mentor, guiding the home cooks through testing times.

The new season of MasterChef Australia – the winner of both the 2015 and and the 2016 AACTA for Best Reality Television Series – also boasts some of the best chefs in Australia and the world, including the master of Middle Eastern cuisine Yotam Ottolenghi, Maggie Beer, Anna Polyviou, Heston Blumenthal, Curtis Stone, Ben Shewry and David Thompson.

With all these ingredients, MasterChef Australia has the recipe that will take our contestants closer to achieving their food dreams and changing the course of their lives forever.

3 Likes

Latest promo includes previous contestants again including the following three then a montage of cookbooks from past participants.

3 Likes

I like it. A strength which MC has always had over that show over on Seven is that it’s actually produced some pretty fantastic careers. Julie Goodwin is a household name.

I guess it helps that it was a cultural phenomenon back in its early days. Any network, even before TV viewership started to die off, would’ve killed for 4 million people watching a grand final.

4 Likes

I think these promos are very good too :slight_smile: Can’t wait.

Shame that TBL is bombing however (being the series lead-in, I doubt it’ll affect audiences too much).

I disagree matlock. The one thing MasterChef has always banged on about, and yet always sounded so corny in doing so, is the fact the contestants are fulfilling their “food dream” or their “food journey”.

How many times have we had contestants weeping on TV, saying their dream is to become a chef (ie. slave over a hot stove all day). It’s just so incredibly tiresome.

No one, no one absolutely, cares whether Reynold went from being a uni student the brother of a MasterChef judge, to a dessert shop owner, or that Justine went from being xyz to being a Harvey Norman salesperson. Yawn-o-rama.

1 Like

Well a lot of us do. I think its very refreshing to see so many contestants we remember from the show doing very well in their own right. Very few shows have so many great success stories so why not share them.

6 Likes

The new season is currently being filmed in Japan for a week of episodes according to News Corp. The first day of filming is at Tokyo’s famed Sensoji Temple, which is nearly 1000 years old. Mount Fuji is the backdrop for another episode.
Will Adam Liaw be a guest judge for the Japan Week? He wrote a cookbook on Japanese cuisine last year (The Zen Kitchen), filmed a series of Destination Flavour in Japan for SBS, and his wife is Japanese.

Justine Schofield has just returned from filming in Japan also, assume this was for Everyday Gourmet but she could have been involved in some way.