MasterChef Australia

Yes, all that. I’m sure Screen Qld would chip in & there doesn’t seem to be a shortage of film-making skills in Qld. Obviously, the larger audience that Melbourne offers & their penchant for Melbourne produced shows helps. It would still be nice with a bit more diversity in Australian drama production. Inner city Melbourne has been overdone as a location for Aussie drama.

1 Like

From last night’s launch of Queensland week at Brisbane’s Montrachet restaurant:

And an unhappy experience for a photographer during the filming of the mystery box challenge at the Howard Smith Wharves yesterday:

I have looked up on Visit Brisbane and Destination Gold Coast websites on the last few days but there are no mentions of MasterChef challenges scheduled, where the public can buy and taste the food made by contestants.

1 Like

if the weather doesnt turn nasty this weekend I’ll have to find out what time they will be filming :+1:

1 Like

Georgie’s report from tonight

3 Likes

Some caps - George warning that the judges will be wearing shorts for the first time. Matt Sinclair to be a mentor this year.

4 Likes

Great to hear. But it’s well proven by ratings Queensland are a Block/House Rules reno state

Huh? What’s that got to do with MasterChef?

I was following on from the previous comments, that 10 need better ratings in Brisbane including MasterChef (a market the program has traditionally struggled in comparatively).

So don’t think this announcement will chance much, Brisbane seem to love reno shows over food, ratings clear as day with Block and HR

Bit off-topic but I don’t like how 10 is using their news service to cross-promote their programming. I don’t care whether it’s the DWTS ‘sneak peak’ which aired on Monday or the MasterChef promo report in Brisbane - such segments have no place being in the bulletin

With a MasterChef restaurant in Dubai opening in April, could it feature in a finals week challenge or as part of the major prize for the winner?

But there was a time when Brisbane was one of 10’s most successful markets outside Melbourne. That was when they promoted in the area. So couldn’t this help Masterchef? Or do you just think that’s it? No chance, don’t bother?

The Queensland Times reports filming will also take place at a hinterland location outside Ipswich. I think it’s for an immunity challenge or a MasterClass.

Filming moved to Sunshine Coast this week, with Cyclone Oma posing little threat. According to The Sunshine Coast Daily, The Old Dairy Maleny and Noosa Surf Club were chosen as locations for Queensland Week.

1 Like

Filming continued on Gold Coast yesterday for an elimination challenge - and in the rain:

Gary told The Gold Coast Bulletin that he, George and Matt had dined at The Fish House and Rick Shores at Burleigh Heads, and the show also filmed at Rick Shores, which is on the beach, yesterday (for the challenge).

1 Like

First look

1 Like

Also on the show’s Twitter account. Good promo. As usual, it identifies some of the top 24 contestants.

Fantastic promo. Looks to be good season.

4 Likes

MasterChef Australia 2019

After searching the far corners of the country for the best amateur cooks, Australia’s iconic cooking series, MasterChef Australia, is primed to set television’s taste buds on fire.

Everyone’s favourite judges Matt Preston, Gary Mehigan and George Calombaris are poised with their knife and fork, ready to taste a new calibre of cooking and share their own talent and insights with our eager contestants.

We return with the best home cooks who will each plate up their signature dish in a bid to earn the prized MasterChef Australia apron, and gain entry into the prestigious alumni of ten previous seasons.

Familiar faces and much-loved alumni Poh Ling Yeow, Billie McKay and Matt Sinclair, who have each gone on to achieve critical acclaim and culinary success, join this season in the official role as mentors for those contestants who dare to dream.

The 11th season of MasterChef Australia will also see our favourite domestic goddess Nigella Lawson, returning to the iconic kitchen for an inspiring and challenging Nigella-themed week!

Nigella is just the tip of the iceberg in a long list of international and local culinary legends joining the kitchen this season, ready to stir up our Top 24.

2 Likes

A nasty accident playing squash.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BvoJxaqlu9M/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=i3bkfk3guito

1 Like

That capped off an eventful week for George. Last Friday week (March 23) he revealed his Press Club restaurant in Melbourne CBD (on the ground floor of the former Herald and Weekly Times building) would close on June 29, to be replaced by another restaurant later this year.