Master Antenna TV Systems (Hospitals, Hotels, etc)

Adding to the fury of an outdated ABC2 logo

2 Likes

How are inmates meant to know what channel to watch the local NBN News on?

4 Likes

Is it just me, or is the inclusion of ABC ME and not the ABC News channel a somewhat odd choice for that system?

…or iShopTV, Your Money and TVSN! :wink:

Only SD versions of the mains + SBS VICELAND available, I’m guessing? Now THAT would be a good reason for TV enthusiasts in the Hunter region to be on their best behaviour!

1 Like

For fuck sake, even the prisons get Flix and Life. That’s just fucked up.

9 Likes

I would guess that’s because the prison needs to censor information about sensitive criminal cases in the news to prevent unrest amongst inmates.

3 Likes

Watching those channels is a life sentence.

3 Likes

“What did you get?”

“54 to life”

Edit: Oh wait, it’s Hunter, so “84 to life”

6 Likes

I was on the P&O Pacific Explorer back in June.

I wasn’t all that impressed with the TV channels on offer.

If you would like to read what they were, they are listed further above at Post #36 on 4th June.

1 Like

Those prisoners are lucky they aren’t locked up in one of Joe Arpaio’s (the guy who dresses his prisoners in all pink) prisons - apparently all they got was The Weather Channel and The Disney Channel.

Plus, prisoners shouldn’t really be watching that much TV in gaol - pretty much defeats the purpose. :rofl:

1 Like

Prisoners in Southern Cross areas should be forced to watch SBN

6 Likes

Lol!
That kind of sentencing should act as a effective deterrent to offenders in the first place.

Imagine 15 years of watching nothing but SBN.
Torture.

4 Likes

Actually, you don’t really need to be in a SCA-area if you want to watch SBN - it is freely available online.

I wonder if any MATV systems use IPTV as a source?

2 Likes

Pink’s not my colour but I could do the Weather Channel and might even get a bit of peace and quiet for once too!

Isn’t there enough religious zealots in the world without forcefeeding that to them!?

1 Like

They’re prisoners. They’re not there for a fun time. :stuck_out_tongue:

Did you get a chance to look at the television offerings?

1 Like

yeah i did. sorry for the late reply - i spent today in hosptial (i’m ok now).

Channel Rundown was as follows:

Pacific Flicks (channel 4) Movies Like Kingsman: Golden Circle., Jucy and LBJ

Taste (channel 5) shows like Julia Zameros Home Delivery, Catalyst, Ahn’s Brush With Fame

Kids and You (Channel 8) Dance Academy, Justine Clarke Show, Wiggle Town

Pacific Pemiere (Channel 10) - Movies Like Avengers - infinity War, Deadpool 2 and Ready Player One

Nick Jr (channel 19) - Custom version of Nick Jr with no adverts and custom bumpers calling it “Nick Jr. on P&O”

Nick (Channel 20)

IN amongst this was Sport-24, an internal ships channel showing whats on that day hosted by the cruise director, one showing a 24/7 feed from the cam at the front of the ship, one showing our heading, our distance and location, one flogging off the spa, one showing emergency procedures and one for special events such as the AFL Grand Final (i think reception of this was a web feed - it was blocky and it did cut out at times)

6 Likes

Thanks! Were the televisions standard or high definition? Most hotels I stay in still have standard definition televisions.

The P&O UK cruises have a wider range of channels, if the website is accurate. It also states that all the flat screen televisions are NTSC.

2 Likes

they were SD.

Oh I forgot that we had Sky News, Your Money, BBC World service and CNN as well.

4 Likes

Some high quality viewing on a couple of the channels provided by the MATV system at this holiday place:
%23F104
%23F002

Even worse news, which throws any viewing/recording ideas I might’ve had for this week into the bin:

You probably will not be overly surprised to hear that I couldn’t scan in the NBN Nine Central Coast channels onto my laptop via the USB tuner.

Of course I could just watch the OK-ish reception of Sydney commercial TV but since I get those services at home, what’s the fun in that for me?! SBS reception (unlike last year) seems fine, while ABC is a little on the dicey side.

6 Likes