Married at First Sight

A bird? Or do you mean lady?

Hence why the so-called ‘social experiment’ (which is now manipulated to such a degree that it’s farcical to call it as such) has such a dismal track record - according to TV Tonight:

Only 1 couple from all previous MAFS seasons remains together.

2 Likes

Season 6 premieres on Three New Zealand tomorrow (February 3) at 7pm, with each episode shown one week after it aired on Nine. Like Nine, Three will screen the current season at 7pm Sundays and 7.30pm Mondays-Wednesdays, according to Freeview NZ TV guide.

How many times does Nine show Married across the week. After the initial broadcast, it is encored the next day, all 4 episodes were shown again last night and there seems to be an episode on again this afternoon.

Last night around 11pm in Brisbane Married AFS was on Nine, with MKR on Seven and I’m A Celebrity on Ten.

No wonder FTA audiences are falling.

4 Likes

Too many. Once is bad enough.

2 Likes

Nine will be hoping that tomorrow night’s anticpiated Elizabeth (“Australia’s most confident bride”) episode rates its socks off, as her promos were also saturated across the Aus Open.

Sunday’s in Feb were nearly peaking at 1.3-1.5mill last year so they will need to ramp up the drama to maintain these figures. Early signs for MKR are not great it’s on the verge of sinking further so that might help.

I’d imagine the following Sunday will be the first Dinner Party which will probably be marketed as the most controversial in history blah blah…

First dinner party is this Wednesday according to the guides.

New Zealand will get companion show Talking Married too from tomorrow.

I am not a prude by any stretch of the imagination, but the last commitment ceremony and repeated use of the C word, although obviously bleeped out was way past a PG level, even with the extra parental guidance warning.

As an aside, do the other versions of this show around the world stick to the whole ‘finding love’ experiment or are they becoming nasty and bitchy like the Australian one?

I don’t understand the popularity or attraction of this show.
It’s a manufactured hoard of toxic narcissistic individuals out for their fifteen minutes of fame, hoping to stretch it to thirty minutes. Those who don’t fit that mould are there for fodder.
The so-called counsellors don’t inspire any sense of credibility.
After tyring to watch full episodes, I can’t watch it at length any more. A couple of minutes at a stretch, while channel surfing, is just about all I can stand.

I watch it in the background at work. Don’t know what’s sadder - that or the fact I have job that pays me to do it or where I can get away with it.

Potential spoiler from New Idea.

Interesting article from Daily Telegraph tonight, in which Nine CEO Hugh Marks is believed to have demanded episodes be re-edited to tone down some of the outrageous conduct for fear it will damage the network’s broader reputation.
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/entertainment/sydney-confidential/married-at-first-sights-foul-behaviour-a-headache-for-tv-execs/news-story/aad07bc68960b00cd76976d95b0a2a2c

Too late. :joy:

5 Likes

Nine is all class.

3 Likes

Don’t you watch MKR?

Next level. Are you defending the content on MAFS?

2 Likes

Watch the ratings go down then. It’s not family friendly content ffs.

I missed this when it started, finally caught up. People going on about Ines and Sam but to me (bald) Mike and Cyrell are worse people!