Married at First Sight

It would be fair to say that ACMA and Nine is between a brick and a rock about the controversy that has been happening on MAFS.

Isn’t Innes a legal secretary? Should would know how to get out of something.

While there are very few things in this world I’d love to see more than Nine to axe Married At First Sight for good, realistically they’re not going to do it while the program is still the hottest thing amongst Australian TV viewers.

The petition is also laughable - they’ve abbreviated the program as MAF’s for heavens sake! :laughing:

Looking forward to hearing ACMA’s findings…probably in about six months from now! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think we’re about a week behind NZ… could someone tell me in brief what has caused all this outrage?

Dan and Jessika went behind their partners backs and got together and the ‘experts’ allowed them to stay in the experiment as a couple.

1 Like

What do these ‘experts’ do in real life? Are they meant to be psychologists?

It was reported in newspapers that during filming Dan was flying back to Qld, on a weekly basis, to report in with police. This was part of his bail conditions. If producers knew this, he should never have been allowed to appear on the show.

4 Likes

With an Arts Degree. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

The ratings for MAFS on Sunday (or whenever that reunion is) will be HUGE… I am predicting 1.6million +

Given that it almost hit 1.7 million last Sunday, I’m willing to predict next Sunday will hit 1.8

1 Like

It should do better than last week as a show that is building to it’s conclusion, but in reality what drama is there left? Will Heidi and Mike, and Ning and Mark finally break up? I suspect Jessika and her stupid actions has knocked a little of the wind out of its sails.

1 Like

Heard on Nova 100 this morning that Chrissie Swan (who is a big MAFS fan) is organising a dinner party with some of this season’s participants, and that listeners have a chance to win a ticket to join the party by listening to Chrissie, Sam and Browny.

969 are doing that too I think.

Yes. Fitzy and Wippa have been promoting it for a couple of days.

The drama in the reunion is generally about the past contestants. Everyone’s bitter. Everyone’s angry. Everyone’s got dirt. I am certain that Mike and Heidi and Ning and Mark will break up. I’m also sceptical about Martha and Michael too. Michael seems like a genuinely good guy (he is perfect!!) but Martha is just there for fame. I reckon that red haired lady and guy are the only ones who will still be together come the reunion (and Jess and Dan might claim they are still together just to get back at viewers but I don’t see it as genuine).

So one dinner party for Sydney and another for Melbourne?

It’s probably the same one.

The reunion episodes will be at least another week away, my comment was that Sunday’s episode most likely will not be bigger than last weeks because this week is about whether or not to commit to each other outside the experiment and ultimately nobody cares about any of the remaining couples.

The reunion episodes will potentially be the biggest ever.

James Weir just announced on KIIS 1065 that there are 5 episodes left:

Sunday 31st March: Vow renewal
Monday 1 April: Vow Renewal
Tuesday 2 April: Vow renewal
Sunday 7 April: Final Dinner Party
Monday 8 April: Reunion

The vow renewal episodes are going to be very long and drawn out considering there are only 5 couples left. 2 episodes would have been more than enough.

1 Like