Manchester Attack

I’ve read that CNN was discussing the idea with a guest that this was somehow a “false flag” attack, done to assist Theresa May in the upcoming general election? Can anyone confirm if they saw this deplorable conversation take place?

1 Like

Also, those at a high level in the UK Government are apparently incensed at sensitive information about the crime scene being leaked to US media, apparently through US intelligence services.

What sort of ethical obligations do media organisations, like the New York Times, have to ensure that they do not compromise an ongoing investigation of this nature, by acting as a funnel for information which should never be leaking from US authorities in the first place?

The offending statement. It’s a lot less of a deal than some of the articles I’ve read have made it out to be.

Breaking news crawler seen in New York. It seems that the program image is reduced in size so that the crawler doesn’t cover any program content.

2 Likes

Got a notification as I was on a Train…

The phone blared out the BBC news tune.

4 Likes

Here is the live stream of the “One Love Manchester” concert from Old Trafford Cricket Ground. https://www.facebook.com/arianagrande/videos/10154561471596027/

“BBC Music” as seen on ABC Breakfast

2 Likes

Today had quite a decent amount of replays and live feeds of the concert in HD. I suppose that was a part of the deal for this evening’s telecast.

2 Likes

BBC’s broadcast of One Love Manchester concert averaged 10.9 million viewers last night, according to ratings data from BARB. It had a peak audience of 14.9 million and a massive 49.3% share, making the concert the most-watched program this year on British TV. The concert raised over £2.35 million for the We Love Manchester Emergency Fund, which was set up by the city council and the British Red Cross.

4 Likes

Taken live on 9Now app.

2 Likes