Manchester Attack

Thanks I did try tenplay, but as usual it’s laggy and the video keeps stopping at about 2 mins. Ten also only uploaded very little of their coverage on twitter

I’ll try to upload something overnight.

That graphic has so many things wrong with it that it’s not funny.

First, the pre-Irish flag.

Second, the time zone is wrong. The UK is GMT + 1 because of daylight saving time, which would make it 11:44pm UK time at 8:44am AEDT.

And thirdly, why are the minutes on the clocks different? There’s no such thing as a two minute offset or whatever with time zones.

9 Likes

Unfortunately that isn’t the first time a network has screwed up badly with flags and graphics, but at least it wasn’t from Seven News this time…

2 Likes

There’s a good 90mins worth following 11am uploaded on Tenplay.
https://tenplay.com.au/channel-ten/studio-10/2017/5/23

1 Like

Well this is the closest I’ve ever been to a big attack. I caught a train out of Manchester yesterday lunchtime but from Picadilly rather than Victoria which is right next to the arena. Pretty creepy to think I could have walked straight past the person/people on their way to do this.

Is this the first time we’ve seen a double header using the new Seven Sydney desk? I wouldn’t be opposed to seeing them try a Mush/Ann combo on weekends looking at those caps.

9 Likes

Same but I was on a train coming out of Waterloo the day before it happened.

Sky News still running coverage, as well as BBC News (Channel)

ITV and others are on normal programming.

1 Like

ITV News at 10 live from Manchester tonight.

4 Likes

Today “special coverage” from 5am today

2 Likes

5am News on Seven

Sunrise

2 Likes

Some of Ten’s coverage from 9am - 1pm yesterday.

6 Likes

ABC Breakfast

1 Like

Meanwhile over at the Quadrant, some real classy stuff:

1 Like

Bit of nostalgia seeing Jess anchoring on the Ten News set again.

9 Likes

It really shows what an asset Studio 10 is to Ten’s news division

9 Likes

Agreed. And when it started in Perth, it went for approximately an hour just talking over vision before we saw a presenter. I was wondering why it just seemed to be Joe & Sarah talking for a bit, but it became obvious that Jess & Ita had moved to the newsroom, and then they took over while Sarah and Joe moved.

Staying in their studio was obviously not an option as The Project was there last night and they needed to set up/do pre records.

5 Likes

ABC has since demanded an apology.

1 Like

Remember this thread is to discuss media coverage of the attack not the causes.

Discussion of left wing pinkos/right wing loonies can go surely in some other thread in the extra section. Create your own, it’s free.

6 Likes

A selection of international news coverage of the Manchester attack

CNN

MSNBC

Fox News

BBC World News

3 Likes

Bomb disposal and army sent to a university in Manchester: CNN Breaking

Edit: BBC News