Manchester Attack

Good to see. For all the crap Ten gets given, when a big story breaks they handle it well IMO

16 Likes

6 Likes

The interview with the concert goer was really good and Iā€™m surprised they manage to get her for an interview. Iā€™m liking Jonoā€™s take on the area, talking us through the layout of the venue and the location of it in the city.

6 Likes

Coverage on 7 likely to roll until The Chase.

Interestingly enough, apparently the BBC News coverage on TV didnā€™t take that presser.

Can confirm they didnā€™t, their coverage has been lacking tbh.

Correct- it wasnā€™t shown on the feed that SBS was using.

Excellent coverage from commercial networks so far.
Ariana Grande has just tweeted, more than five hours after the explosion. She is OK. This is what she wrote:

broken.
from the bottom of my heart, i am so so sorry. i donā€™t have words.

1 Like

On 7 Musher has just said that Peter Mitchell is continuing coverage:

4 Likes

is Peter Mitchell hosting just in Melbourne/Victoria for this or is it national?

Heā€™s on in Sydney so presumably national.

7 Likes

National broadcast from Melbourne

7 Likes

1.46pm EST commercial breaks return to 7 and 9 during continuing coverage. 10 returning to normal programming, SBS (live from BBC), ABC, 7 and 9 still continuing with rolling coverage.

3 Likes

And Peter is now gone?:

3 Likes

Nine moving on to other news and doing an impromptu trial of dual presenters:

Something of note: Nineā€™s EPG is referring to this as Nineā€™s Morning News and is set to continue until 3pm when News Now starts.

8 Likes

The man who is pictured (donā€™t know him) did a phone interview with a CT expert, and threw back to Peter afterwards, who was at the same desk.

4 Likes

I havenā€™t been watching the coverage but Iā€™m pretty sure that guy is Nick McCallum, reporter and occasional fill-in presenter on Seven News Melbourne.

3 Likes

Correct. Peter is still there as well.
Coverage could roll to 5pm it seemsā€¦

1 Like

SBS returning to normal programming at 2pm EST, ABC, 7 and 9 now showing speeches from Malcolm Turnbull and Bill Shorten in Parliament.

2 Likes

Technically the ABC has gone to Question Time, where Malcolm and Bill have given their speeches/response to the incident.

1 Like