Nine Radio (Music)

MSR Perth Digital has Local Advertising too.

They should probably just spend that time thanking each listener by name.

7 Likes

Currently a garbled mess on DAB+ in Melbourne - same with both the Melbourne and Brisbane online streams.

Something something quality control

what do they do with the other 29 seconds of the advetisment?

6 Likes

That’s the thing with faffing around with these experimental formats. They squander the chance to return to something that worked like 4BH. The longer they leave it the less likely it is they would be able to revive it, particularly as DAB gains a bit of momentum. 4BH listeners will be drifting away to the likes of Smooth or Easy Hits on DAB. 4BH had an advantage when they had an AM and a DAB signal, but they threw away that advantage.

5 Likes

Do you mean something like “The sounds of Summer on The Breeze”? Then with our Victorian weather in the past week we could have “The Storms of Winter”. :laughing: I actually remember when 3EE was the Breeze. I quite liked it, then one day it suddenly became a relay of 3MP later morphing into Magic.
This link shows the full history of the callsign.

Looks like Beau Ryan has already departed the Sydney/Brisbane breakfast show, and has been filling in for Kyle Sandilands at KIIS this week - https://www.9news.com.au/videos/entertainment/cjjz6x0je00010gtahbttqxda/jackie-o-henderson-and-beau-ryan-chat-to-hot-new-zealand-tradie

3 Likes

No difference there, both are about as braindead as the other.

4 Likes

I agree.

Although sadly, I can actually imagine Beau Ryan getting a regular presenting position on a Sydney FM radio breakfast program at some point in the future! :confused:

4 Likes

No formal announcement from Macquarie about his departure as far as I can see (that’s not unusual when someone leaves suddenly) but the @johnandbeau twitter handle is now dead and there’s just John Stanley’s photo now on the show page on the MSR website, so I think it’s safe to assume Beau has left the building!

Can you blame him? The hours he put in just to make it there on time along with his other commitments… and I think the ratings had to obviously play a part.

I doubt it was cost cutting as it looks like the three Melbourne Breakfast announcers are all still there.

4 Likes

Well he has no talent for radio and MSR has almost no listeners, would be easier to just send the Melbourne programme up the line, nobody would notice.

5 Likes

Problem is the Melbourne-based presenters have little knowledge of rugby league and rugby union.

Ox and Marko are going ok with their League knowledge. Fair to say though that that is why they’re using Sydney based Billy McGee on air instead of Melbourne based Brett Thomas. Can’t say I listen to any of their other programming outside of those two, so no idea what the others are like.

https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/fairfax-and-nine-network-merge

Possible Interesting times ahead for MML and associated stations.

1 Like

Hopefully the influence John Singleton still appears to have despite his minority ownership interest will dissipate. The three basket case stations can’t stay as they are.

6 Likes

Hope MacQuarie Sports Radio gets every Channel 9 Sports Presenters the moment the merger between Nine Entertainment and Fairfax Media comes to pass.

On the 6pm Macquarie news they did NOT mention MSR. Only 4bc , 2gb etc. The full list. Interesting omission.

Macquarie Sports easn’t mentioned on Nine News Sydney either. 2GB, 3AW, 4BC and 6PR were all classed as top rating stations. Nine should look at those 4BC ratings.

4 Likes