Nine Radio (Music)

The legendary Tiny Tim with the Toronto ice hockey team.

3 Likes

Well played sir. Have a set of tennis. :rofl:

1 Like

Not sure if anyone else has noticed, but there’s been a couple of ads for Macquarie Sports Radio in The Daily Telegraph (including one on the back page) in recent days.

By default that’s probably more external advertising than Talking Lifestyle ever had, although I still think they need to air ads on TV (particularly on Nine during strategic timeslots like the 6pm news and NRL telecasts) for awareness amongst mainstream Sydney.

1 Like

There have also been ads for MSR in the sports section of the Herald Sun yesterday and today.

It’s gonna take time for MSR to become good, I say give it a Listen and do what Talking Lifestyle Could’nt.

1 Like

Macquarie are advertising this station on the back page of The Daily Telegraph. Will we see some television commercials soon too?

What a waste on a format that is doomed.

2 Likes

Oh no :neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face::neutral_face:

2 Likes

I love KB, but I’ve made the switch over for drive. That’s my take.

I wouldn’t worry, won’t be many switching over and far fewer listening for longer.

1 Like

MacQuarie Sports Radio it looks as though are in the mix to gain a Cricket Radio Rights Contract due ti TripoleM not renewing their deal this time around. this will boost msr’MacQuarue Sports Radio 954 Ratings, in Sydney, MacQuarie Sports Radio 1278’sw ratings in Melbourne & MacQuarie Sports Radio 1278’s Ratings in Melbourne & MacQuarue Sports Radio 882’s Raratinghs in Brisbane.

Well retain cricket rights.

If they actually have each test on analogue and digital they’d get a few more listeners. Who’d have NTS as a preset to flick over to for a change?

The New Listeners TripleM gained during their last 2 years of broadcasting cricket Due to TripleM opting not to Broadcast Cricket will be gained by MacQuarie Sports Radio will gain add that to the NTS listners that will chose Macquarie Sports Radio Frankie a lot more than you think mate

I’d expect Macquarie to have more listeners should they retain the cricket rights next season. Was I unclear?

Frankie very clear you were mate .
Though am I wrong to say that MacQuarie Sports Radio will gain listeners from 2MMM, 3MMM & 4MMM add the extra talent to our team to bring MacQuarie sports Radio the listeners will need in Sydney, Melbourene & Brisbane.

If they’re still around when it’s cricket season! :crazy_face: Could be a couple of format changes by then.

5 Likes

If it lasts, I hope we hear the odd shield game too on analog radio. I love cricket in the radio. It would be nice to hear some of the British summer on radio. I doubt it though. Does not have good ROI. :slight_smile: I think Macquarie radio had exclusive rights to shield games. The ABC use to do a bit on and off but had to stop because Macquarie Radio had the rights but never broadcast the games at all. Just big bash.

Even a journo at the ground with regular updates would be good. Very difficult to get updates of Sheffield Shield unless you go looking online, broadcast radio is there to serve the content to the masses so the most effort audience needs is finding the station.

It’s a good job for a junior/work exp staffer to be sent to a ground and phone in crosses every couple of overs or so. Four or five an hour, don’t need to be lengthy, score, anything interesting and so on.

2 Likes

Yeah it will make the sport format more worthwhile.

Could this be the most awkward radio promo ever?

Just heard one on Macquarie SPORTS Radio regarding State of Origin. They’ll have rolling coverage, etc. and you can hear all the action on their News Talk station 2GB.

… “We have everything covered except the game itself” …

Talk about not backing your product. At least take the Crocmedia call.

5 Likes