Nine Radio (Music)

Both :slight_smile:

Probably deserved at least some updates throughout the event with results.

Absolute rubbish.

1 Like

It’s a two-bit sports station. Wouldn’t have hurt.

They really need some actual sports stars behind the mic. Who else do they have other than Beau Ryan that has played professional sport?

Different looking logo on the DAB slideshow in Sydney

1 Like

I’m going to start a petition to bring back Talking Lifestyle. Since sport took over they’ve even managed to kill off the discussion on this thread - which was a major source of entertainment for me :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Haha well I decided to listen to more community radio. The station is just not interesting.

2 Likes

I’m sure the 300 posts on survey day will make it worth it.

4 Likes

It would have been better if they just talked about movies all the time…More people would have listened

2 Likes

Macquarie Movie Radio sounds like a better name too :grinning:

2 Likes

Question: Can anybody count on more than one hand the number of callers MSR have put to air since their launch?

What has happened to the callers??

1 Like

Someone has to be listening to hear the cue to call.

5 Likes

Topic for calls this morning: what are your Friday 13th sporting superstitions? Real cutting-edge stuff!

1 Like

Exactly, they are not putting the required effort into it.

Very lame, sloppy work going on. Who is the PD of this mess?

5 Likes

Your way off the beam.

1 Like

In a sports obsessed nation I’m surprised we don’t have (until now) a dedicated sports station like Radio Sport or talkSPORT.

Radio Sport in New Zealand started with the idea that they’d have a good cume, but little else. What happened was the opposite. Rather than a listenership of people who would ‘tune in occasionally’ they got a solid core base who would listen to nothing else.

And they achieved this by opening up their lines.

It’s not about sport, but talking about it.

3 Likes

Probably nobody will admit to it, just hope it is not Clinton Maynard this time around. There Commonwealth Games coverage was pathetic, interesting what rubbish they come up with next. Surely the likes of John Stanley and Tim Webster are just hanging around until something better materialises.

2 Likes

Not sure if it has been mentioned. According to MSR website, the station can now be heard on DAB+ in Perth and will get the same NRL coverage as Melbourne each week (i.e. every Melbourne Storm game).

1 Like

Have been since launch, as was Talking Lifestyle before that.

I suspect they simply get the same output as Melbourne - there’s no other reason to broadcast Storm games into Perth. They also get the Melbourne version of the breakfast show.
On Talking Lifestyle, Perth had localised ads - I assume this would still be the case.

2 Likes

FINALLY the website says where you can find this so called Macquarie Sports Radio.

I agree with an earlier comment that one potential reason for TL failing was the lack of frequency mentions online (and on air).

1 Like

Is Ox and Marko on drive in Sydney and Brisbane too? Or just Melbourne and Perth?

I gather weekday programming is national except for drive and breakfast which is split to either:

• Melbourne and Perth
  • Sydney and Brisbane