Nine Radio (Music)

I think a station targeting Eskimos would rate better than MSR

6 Likes

Well I wanted to listen to the first one dayer in Indian, they boasted (during the aussie cricker season)they had the rights, but the footy was on the first innings, wonder why they dont use NTS?

I assume you are in Sydney?
Cricket was on in Melb and Bris, the AFL game deemed more important. I’m assuming it was available online like their EPL coverage currently is.

Yeah i am in Sydney. I used radio app to tune in.

There is certainly a market for an Asian station… though it probably needs to be more than just another Asian music station. A ‘full service’ Asian station with variety content might work better… (though potentially much more costly). Something with a broad demo breakfast show, Asian-themed talkback, Asian music and cricket could work well for Asians and the wider community more broadly.

1 Like

Come on 9, show some sense and dump this waste of format well before the next cricket season. Disastrous.

2 Likes

More delusion from Adam Lang.

5 Likes

And just think about how much that roster of sporting “stars” must be costing them!

2 Likes

There are more people mentioned in that press release than listen to the station.

8 Likes

I nearly fell off my chair the other day when a relative told me they’d been listening to SEN for all these years but have switched to 1278! There’s that 0.2 ratings increase, right there!

3 Likes

I’ve pretty much switched across (do find I’m listening to the 2 combined less and less though) but I’m not a Melbournian. Much prefer Ox/Marko to KB/Doc. Find myself listening to MSR’s EPL coverage too.

Should have stayed with Lifestyle lol

2 Likes

What a load of c**p the CEO came up with.

2 Likes

Most of them have contracts with 3AW or 2GB anyway so their appearances on MSR are just a bonus tacked on to the contract I reckon.

1 Like

It’s his usual rubbish. MRN simply don’t want to get it. 7 station network, wrecked four stations and close to wrecked the fifth (6PR, shadow of its former self).

2 Likes

882 Brisbane and 954 Sydney have Six AFL Round 1 Matches, Both Broadcasting Pies Vs Cats, Dees Vs Power, Crows Vs Hawks and Giants vs Dons, While 954 take Blues Vs Tigers and Dogs Vs Swans and 882 takes Lions Vs Eagles and Saints Vs Suns, Both Cities Are Also Broadcasting Friday Night’s NRL Match Raiders Vs Storm with 1278 Melbourne and DAB+ Perth.

1 Like

I’m sure we all can’t wait but will anybody be listening?

3 Likes

Who are the decision makers within MRN responsible for initiating and continuing this costly farce? The board of MRN, Adam Lang, who else?

We get it, certain people here don’t like MSR… It is like a broken record sometimes here.

1 Like

I think many of us just share a frustration that there were three radio stations (one in particular) providing a decent service and having an audience, that have now been wound down and gutted and now have an audience that could comfortably fit around an average size dinner table.

5 Likes