Nine Radio (Talk)

Cricket?

1 Like

Tony Tardio from 3AW is at it again towards Paul Bentley, who was a former emploee at AW.chrome_2018-05-29_19-33-16

1 Like

Scanning through Tony’s twitter he seems to be a bit of a dick, wannabe journalist but stuck as a newsreader. Which is sad, has become just another right wing mouthpiece since joining AW.

1 Like

Sharina for a couple of hours many years ago.

1 Like

Tony hasn’t recently joined AW.

What’s changed is his Twitter use.

1 Like

Well yes he’s probably been there 20 odd years now, but he was one of the voices which piqued my interest in radio when I would spend hours with Walkman flicking around the dials. AM, FM, I listen to both of them.

Not sure if he’s changed, I don’t follow him but he does seem overly critical vicpol as of they’re running some kind of agenda to restrict what is reported and when. Maybe journos just aren’t chasing stories enough and relying on media releases to provide content. Listening to an AW news bulletin would also suggest that style of news gathering.

1 Like

And that failed Luke Bona experiment :neutral_face::neutral_face:

Luke was far more entertaining than Tony Moclair or Alan Pearsall.

1 Like

And it was more than an “experiment”. It ran for a good couple of years and only ended when Luke was moved into daytime at 2UE in preparation for the launch of Talking Lifestyle (which he left not longer after the launch)

To be fair to Luke I think he made a reasonable effort to come across as an integral part of the 3AW team, even though he was Sydney-based. He regularly popped up on shows like Nightline and Remember When (I don’t recall any of the 3AW overnight presenters doing likewise on 2UE shows whilst overnights were simulcast from Melbourne). There also seemed to be a good number of Melbourne callers and talking points.

1 Like

When news of the Melbourne Storm salary cap breach broke, 3AW and 2UE linked up with each other’s sports show at 6.00pm. They’d stated at the start of the show that there was some last minute technical logistics to sort out as it was something they’d never really done before so they weren’t really sure how it would play out on air.

From Radioinfo:

Alan Jones and Ray Hadley chip in their own cash to rectify ‘2GB for Me’ calamity

Read the article at: https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/alan-jones-and-ray-hadley-chip-their-own-cash-rectify-2gb-me-calamity

1 Like

$2000. No big deal. They probably spend that much on lunch. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Sounds like a staged thing. They know their audience isn’t the smartest, how could they be to willingly tune to those two?

And hang on, Jones said it was for $2000 but later with Ray they’re giving the caller $1000. So they couldn’t get the number right themselves.

Otto seems to be that type of restaurant that charges 2k :wink:

1 Like

I can assure you, it is.

1 Like

Laws frequents Otto. Loves plugging it.

The menu looks fine. $40 - $60 for a main meets expectations for a top quality restaurant in a metro market.

The wine dinners are usual price of $140 - $185, great cream for the organisers.

Looks about right.

It’s the alcohol that has the best margin.

2 Likes

Seven News presenter Jennifer Keyte’s Friday 12.30pm-1pm segment on 3AW’s Denis Walter afternoon show has been dropped, after last week’s announcement that she will leave Seven to join Ten. Looks like she is now on gardening leave.
Former champion ski jumper Jacqui Cooper is on this week’s segment.

1 Like

As predicted as it was a promotional segment for 7 news. Just as Peter Hitchener for 9news on AW is

3 Likes

Red Symons, who presented breakfast on ABC Radio Melbourne for 15 years, has joined 3AW and will be a regular on the Neil Mitchell program every Thursday fortnight.
https://www.heraldsun.com.au/entertainment/page-13/red-symons-signs-with-3aw-says-hes-thrilled-to-be-returning-to-radio/news-story/3ea8d198f51c93a3c503cb380087534f

6 Likes

Paid chat in other words, that’s what that’s exposed if the audience didn’t realise it already, they should now.