Nine Radio (Talk)

I think Caleb pops up from time to time as a guest on 5AA and 6PR. I’m sure his long-term ambitions include becoming a talk radio host.

2 Likes

He started off just being a regular talkback caller on FiveAA, hes very well spoken and knowledgable for someone his age

1 Like

We know Hadley loves to read crime stories from the Tele, now there’s been a study, albeit biased for its client:

https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/where-would-radio-be-without-newspapers

Funny nonetheless.

ABC also a big offender.

1 Like

And is it April Fools a month early?

https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/hells-kitchen

How desperate are these two?

John Burns was fined $622 and lost his licence for 12 months after he pleaded guilty to a drink-driving charge to a magistrate this morning. Burns returned a blood alcohol reading of 0.061 on the way home from a charity speaking engagement late last year.

The case was slightly delayed on Thursday because the first magistrate assigned knew Burns too well to deal with his matter.

Magistrate John Hardy said he’d had a number of dinners with Burns back in his legal days and considered him a friend.

“I count you as at least a friendly acquaintance,” the magistrate said, ordering the case to be re-assigned.
“I know Mr Burns very well.”

Wow, 12 months is harsh. No work licence?

Not really, second offence gets to see the beak rather than just an infringement notice and a mandatory sentence.

No such thing as a work licence, anyhow, he ought to know better.

1 Like

Steve Price was convicted of drink driving on his motorscooter ten years ago. Everyone moved on.

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp.theaustralian.com.au/news/nation/radio-star-price-found-guilty-of-drink-driving/news-story/13f9285e2279079bbea09861683c6697

1 Like

Gees it’s weird hearing George & Paul say 131 873 but at least they must be feeling better knowing they can talk about whatever they wish.

House of Wellness will now be broadcast one hour earlier at 8am Sundays on 3AW from this weekend.

How was George and Paul on 2GB?

How did the content differ?

What does that replace? An hour of gardening? What will be on at 9am?

They are the same. I heard George say talking lifestyle by mistake once. Feels like more ads though.

I think the changes are the fish, meat, and veges. Not on. I don’t hear the national geographic segment either.

1 Like

The earlier start for House of Wellness replaces Ross Greenwood’s program Work.Life.Money. At 9am on 3AW it will be Weekend Breakfast with Darren James.

1 Like

Sunday Herald Sun reports Nine News presenter Jo Hall has been dropped as host of Great Australian Lives on 3AW after her drink driving charge. Crocmedia, which makes the show, said a new host would be announced shortly.

Seems harsh. John Burns and Jane Holmes weren’t dropped when they were busted drink driving.

5 Likes

Problem was, Jo was employed by Crocmedia not 3AW. I guess Crocmedia has a higher set of standards.

Neither was Steve Price when he was busted riding his moped back to his then harbourside mansion at Clifton Gardens.

Or maybe Tobin Brothers who sponsor the programme had a say.

Neither would be clamouring for the top of the pile on such standards. It’s not their core concern. Neither are social responsibility leaders either, they have lots of high profile talent who often make such mistakes and need looking after. Rightly so too.