Nine Radio (Talk)

The AMCA data indicates three, 61.2, 62.0 and 62.7 MHz

I remember seeing that on ACMA’s databases. I’ve been wondering if there is a radio that can get anything from 60Mhz onwards. My Degen covers the SportsEars well.

Radio scanners. And they do more then standard radios if you live in a high risk bushfire area.

I know we’re now getting off topic, but would they be allowed into a stadium?

You can get smaller hand held ones, so I don’t see why not.

Holier than thou Mitchell or a clever stir for publicity on both their parts?

The way that story’s written, you’d think the guy had murdered someone whilst robbing their house high on ice.

Both drink driving offences are below the former 0.08 BAC limit, the bloke didn’t have an accident and likely wasn’t going to. He broadcasts to mature aged adults who are most likely not saints and sinned many a time in their own long lives, none of the audience nor clients would expect to ‘look up’ to him.

If he was a gambling addict and had been involved in forging cheques or some other kind of fraud, you’d think worse of him and rightly so, but this is a traffic offence that the money hungry TAC et al in Vic like to blow out of proportion for more fine and court revenue.

I have heard either him or his on air partner delivering live reads for the TAC for the ‘cheese grater’ Brifen fences, apart from a thirst for cash, they shouldn’t be doing those ads considering how unpopular the fences are with the motorcyclist fraternity.

Hinch has said and done a lot worse, contempt of court, naming pedos, claiming Kennedy died of AIDS and so on, AW seemed to enjoy all that.

Looks like the social justice warriors have taken over where no one can do nor say anything that they don’t deem acceptable.

Of course the flamers will have their say to this, but if you reckon or rellie or friend was injured/killed by a drunk driver, I say not at .08 or less and if they were, it’s driver error that would’ve happened if their were stone cold sober.

Much ado about nothing.

I don’t really care, it’s a personal issue but the law is .05, doesn’t matter what it used to be.

11 Likes

It’s been 0.05 in Victoria since 1966, I’ve seen several references to the 0.08 limit in comments surrounding Burns’ indiscretions as if to justify it. He’s a repeat drink driver who’s only been busted twice, methinks his swanky new interlock device might find him catching a cab more often, which on his salary ought not be an issue.

However I agree with your remarks on Mitchell, what’s he trying to achieve?

Ratings?

Tuned-in to the 10pm news break on 2GB Sydney, just to listen to how the Australian Open is covered outside VIC.

I was surprised to hear reporter Craig Gabriel (I think it is) live on the phone at the start of the sport segment, detailing the match thus far but of course able to tell listeners a current score to the point.

I really like that style, can’t say I’ve heard a reporter live on the phone on 3AW mid-news break before :ok_hand:

1 Like

Looks like 3AW is now Magic 3AW 693 with all of this rubbish music on the overnight program.

Talk about rubbish programming.

At least the old Overnight with Andrew Maclaren and Mark Pektovic was just talk and calls, and was also very entertaining to listen to.

Craig Gabriel has been doing live tennis news reports on 2GB for about 25 years. His reports have always been live, never prerecorded.

4 Likes

Maybe losing listeners to Luke
Bona on the M’s.

1 Like

Fox Sports reports that Matt Granland, one of the many suddenly let go by Craig HutchinSEN, has joined 3AW as a football caller this year. Very pleased to see it didn’t take him long to land a new gig

3 Likes

Matt Granland will be a good replacement for Michael Christian who is now working full time on AFL match review panel.

2 Likes

Is there a reason that MRN still hasn’t tied all the station logos together? It’s almost as bad a SCA creating a National Triple M/Hit brands and then keeping some original station names and logo. All in or don’t bother changing.

Natalie Peters in PeyongChang for the network.

That’s a shame, are you positive he won’t be calling at all? I saw him as late as last year’s finals in their OB when I went to the RICH v GWS prelim.

He is one of my favourite callers and was too when he was at Ten for 10 years. Such an exciting and strong voice, particularly when big marks / goals happen.

NB/
He called weight lifting with Rob Waters at Delhi 2010 Comm Games for Ten.

He’s the match review panel now. The sole member for all 9 games. Agree, for a former player he makes a good play by play caller.

1 Like

You are talking about Australian commercial media. Everything is done half-arsed.

Plus, you’re not allowed to call a station Talking Shit 873. :laughing:

1 Like

There’s a petition started on Change.org to restore 4BC and 4BH in Brisbane to their former selves. I didn’t start it, but I’ll be sure to sign it! The petition is asking for locally sourced content on both stations and for 4BH to be returned to an AC/Easy Listening station with a similar format to Smooth FM - something that is missing from Brisbane airwaves. 4BH rated very well in the mid-2000’s with a Smooth FM format.

The petition can be found here:
https://www.change.org/p/macquarie-media-limited-localradiomatters-revive-4bc-and-4bh-as-strong-locally-sourced-radio-stations?recruiter=856162687&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

5 Likes