Nine Radio (Talk)

It’s a national/network program isn’t it?

1 Like

Yup.

Networked from 2GB.

Seems to me Money News will continue during the Christmas / New Year period, only interrupted by 3AW’s Big Bash League and one day cricket coverage.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

Great to see Shane McInnes filling in for Neil Mitchell. I think this might be his first time,.

2 Likes

strong textThe last Cricket Radio Broadcast Rights contract was signed by NacQuarIe Media AT THE TIME FAIRFAX RADIO NETWIORK if my memory serves me right 3AW and the then named 2UE could only broadcast the last tw\o test matches ogf ecah series so hope CA does nio make that same mistake again and give Macquarue Media Limited all Cricket Involving Australiua and NTS domesdtic Crcket

strong textok

8 Likes

Shane McInnes will host 3AW’s Christmas morning show from 6am to midday.

1 Like

Is Pat Panetta or Tony Moclair going do a Christmas Shift as ususal??

David Mann will host Australia Overnight on early Christmas morning. He said on Remember When the first time he hosted midnight to dawn timeslot on Christmas Day was 1974 when Cyclone Tracy hit Darwin. At the time there was no overnight news on 3AW, so he had to run to the Telex machine and grab the latest printout containing AAP reports, return to the studio and read it on air.

@melbournefan Pat Panetta will host from midday to 6pm on Christmas Day, before Andrew McLaren and Simon Owens return at 6pm for Nightline until midnight.

1 Like

Natalie Peters elsewhere.

Interesting recollection, as it was reported in press reports at the time that the first news to get out of Darwin didn’t hit the rest of the country until dawn on Christmas morning, mostly as any communications links out of Darwin were all basically cut off by the cyclone. If I recall correctly authorities in Canberra didn’t get first advice of the disaster until around 5.00am or later on Christmas Day. And even then reports were sketchy and didn’t convey the true extent of the disaster.

Mark Levy did Breakfast on 2GB this morning. I think he’s now filled in on every shift.

Has he filled in for Bill Crews yet?

3AW

Shane McInnes crossed to Mark Levy to have friendly sister station chat.

David Armstrong and Caroline Ferguson still doing morning news and afternoon traffic respectively, despite being Christmas Day (what’s that, double time + half? CHING CHING :heavy_dollar_sign::dollar::heavy_dollar_sign::dollar:)

Someone might be able to post if Tony Tardio does afternoon news or not.

2 Likes

Anthony Laughton doing 4PM News.

2 Likes

strong text I hope cricket Australia sign a Deal with Macquariue Media Limited so that they can broadcast all Cricket Matches involving Australia meaning taking Lifestyle Sydney, Mellbourne & Brisbane can broadcast Cricket alongside 3AW, 4BC FiveAA & 6PR a;lso those regional Relays that to Macqaurie Radio Network programming will be bale ti broadcast Cricket as well as 2CC in Canberra aas well as all Other Regiona Radio Stations as part of the 2day regional Radio Network, GRant Broadcasters, Bathurst Broiadcasters & rREsonate Broadcasters

Firstly: cricket is hardly a ratings winner. If it was, coverage wouldn’t be shafted to the NTS digital station for 3/5ths of the Ashes series, and from what I’ve seen of the public’s reaction, most seem to gravitate to either the ABC’s Grandstand coverage, or the newly established Triple M coverage.

If Macquarie was serious about the sport beyond merely using it as filler over summer - and as a legacy of the MRN/Fairfax merger - then perhaps we would see coverage airing on 2GB, rather than being relegated to 954AM in Sydney.

Secondly: No deal with Macquarie would end up with their coverage airing on Southern Cross Austereo’s regional Triple M network (let alone Hit), nor the Resonate stations, which are closely aligned with SCA.

There’s also a bad relationship between Caralis’ Super Radio Network and Macquarie over NRL rights from many years back, although it’s interesting to see Bill forking out for content for the FM stations (namely Kyle & Jackie O from KIIS and Kate, Tim & Marty from Nova).

I could see 2CC taking it in a world where 2GB was also carrying the cricket, given the alternative would be to fill much of their air time locally as they currently syndicate most of their content from 2GB. Oh, and in this scenario there’d be no reason to double up with Talking Lifestyle, since 2GB, 3AW & 4BC would all be taking cricket.

3 Likes

strong text The ABC winged and moaned when Cricket Australia told them they had to share to AM Cricket Broadcast Rights with the the named 2UE, 3AW, 4BC & 6PR bet Criicket Australia will remember what the ABC said about them.

Jason, where is this whinging and moaning you speak of?

5 Likes