Nine Radio (Talk)

Wrong thread, but in context

ABC radio’s Drive presenter Raf Epstein said lots of listeners sent in texts, thanking Chris. That’s kind :+1:

As a side note, whilst may sound petty, traffic reporters need more acknowledgement. They may not work for a station, but many are veterans of one shift and regualr listeners consider them very much a part of a program.

(e.g.)
I couldn’t imagine 3AW radio without Caroline Ferguson (afternoon traffic reporter for around 20 years), with a distinct diction and humour!

UPDATE

Nice to see these traffic reporters keep in touch via Facebook it seems (Jimmy, Chris and Caroline):
https://twitter.com/JimmyTraffic/status/923808619950350336

2 Likes

That does not look like Facebook, looks more like Google Hangouts.

A beautiful story in The Sydney Morning Herald.

ben davis is refusing to have the premier on his show during the qld election.

somehow with the ratings he gets… she won’t be losing sleep over it

A professional broadcaster, there, definitely not throwing a tantrum.

1 Like

So I take it that in the interests of giving balanced reporting to both sides, he also won’t be having the opposition leader on?

Circulation of the Courier Mail is dropping and so is audience of 4BC. Who cares what either of them print or say, both lack the influence they once thought they had.

3 Likes

The fact that they have turned 4BC into 2GB North (or 4GB) should be grounds for license cancellation. Waste of a license.

4 Likes

It was mentioned on The Project that sadly Steve Price’s father passed away on the weekend.

2 Likes

It was mentioned on Seven News reporters thread that Basil Zempilas did his 6PR breakfast show from Sydney’s 2GB last week, after he co-hosted Sunrise at Martin Place. How many studios are there at 2GB? Ray Hadley will be broadcasting from one and the other will have been used for Talking Lifestyle.

If I’m not mistaken, 2GB has two studios. Or at least that was the case before 2UE/Talking Lifestyle moved to Pyrmont.

I don’t have a firm number, but they have lots. They built new studios for 2GB after the merger, while keeping the existing studios. By the look of photos, I think Talking Lifestyle is also in new studios. So that leaves the old 2GB studios for spares, plus the 2CH studios - so maybe 8 on air studios all up.

1 Like

Yes, I noticed 2GB’s studios looked modernised recently.

3AW also have a number of studios.

You tend to see them during TV news, when they’re interviewing a poltician (e.g.) Neil Mitchell.

They have 2 main studios, I think one News Bunker, and maybe some other VO studios.

1 Like

Plus 2 studios that used to be for Magic - but maybe nothing these days - does anything for Talking Lifestyle come out of Melbourne?

2 Likes

Yes,

Dee Dee Dunleavy does something Weekday Mornings.

2 Likes

There’s a few presenters out of Media House, yes, including Dee Dee.

NB/
Speaking of which, The Age is connected to the building or nearby isn’t it, being Fairfax?

I’m guessing you’ve never seen the building? Sorta gives it away. That said, they only occupy one floor now.

The Age moved down a few blocks from the corner of Spencer and Lonsdale St, Fairfax had many offices in separate buildings on that block. The radio stations were in Bank St South Melbourne at the former EON FM building.

1 Like

the opposite end of that building has the 3AW logo on the window, but no Talking Lifestyle :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I know the building well, sticks out like a sore thumb at the western side of the CBD, often I transverse it to avoid Wurundjeri Way to Footscray Rd between the freeways.

Anyway, ta :+1:

3 Likes