Nine Radio (Talk)

Not so long as Lachlan owns Nova.

And also to eliminate 2GB’s biggest competitor.

2 Likes

Just imagine what would’ve happened if 2UE was still the station with popular programming. Would they’ve still ditched 2GB with the merger?

Maybe it was part of the agreement for MML to always keep its main station?

It’s 2017 and there are no female talkback radio presenters on Australian commercial radio. It’s a job women just aren’t interested in, according to broadcaster Alan Jones.

The proud feminist’s comments have since been refuted by media commentators who have strived and struggled to secure jobs behind the mic.

Pretty shocking that this still happens in 2017, yet on the other hand not entirely surprising given some of the attitude which leaks to air.

4 Likes

To be fair, Alan made his assumption based on his belief that women are successful in everything they want to be. The article also states that Alan has gone in to bat for women to try to help them get on air at 2GB.
While Alan’s assumption may be misinformed and incorrect, it would appear that he is supportive of more women being on radio.

On the other hand, a belief that women are only unsuccessful if they don’t want to succeed doesn’t help in the cases where women are actively being held back from being successful, and also fails to acknowledge that women will often have to put it more work that they male counterparts to be successful.

1 Like

You wouldn’t get a 50% if you argued an essay at even first year undergrad uni like you have. Waffle and no substance. Observations without much basis to your opinions.

2 Likes

Look at the way management outside the newsroom treat the female staff within the newsroom, despite the best efforts of the female news director. Has always been that way, well since the arrival of the Jones/Hadley cabal.

1 Like

I just caught Alan Jones chatting to Mark Latham. It is comedy radio at its best. They were complaining that the “Yes” campaign had resorted to bullying those who support the “No” vote.

Alan and Mark complaining about being bullied. Hysterical. It was only five minutes earlier that Alan was screaming that the CEO of ANZ and AGL should have their 547 visas cancelled as they believed in climate change. Alan was suggesting that Australian residents be kicked out of this nation as they did not agree with his world view. At least he was not saying that they should be drowned or hung - I suppose they are men so he tones the violence down a little.

Listening to these two have a chat is the funniest breakfast radio that Sydney has experienced since Wendy or Doug were on FM.

Mark is the funniest - his whiny voice is just so bad for radio. He makes Alan sound quite manly.

If you get the chance don’t miss Alan talking to Mark every Wednesday morning at 7.15am. Classic radio.Comedic geniuses.

5 Likes

When Latham was on with John and Garry on 2UE a few years ago he was a sort of amusing cuckoo, but since his past couple of breakdowns he can’t control what comes out of his mouth. He’s crazy.

4 Likes

Heard something today about Rex Hunt (AW footy legend) returning to specially call his Tigers in this Saturday’s Prelim?

@JohnsonTV will know.

This is the first time I hear about the rumour.
Keep an eye on 3AW’s AFL page for commentary line-up.

1 Like

Online only. http://aflnation.com.au/2017/09/18/richmond-greats-to-call-preliminary-final-on-tiger-radio/

3 Likes

Dee Dee Dunleavy filling for Tom Elliot :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: until Friday

1 Like

Rumor mill spinning the future of 3AW’s John Burns

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/business/media/media-diary/getting-all-fired-up-over-life-on-radio-should-john-burns-leave-3aw/news-story/60e1e3c82b6ea9a0eed6ee24d5b7d645

Meanwhile, it’s Mitchell v. Hadley over how the Continuous Call Team ‘covered’ the pre-game entertainment at yesterday’s NRL Grand Final

1 Like

Poach Red Symons from 774.

I dunno about Glen or Justin Smith, tho Dee Dee Dunleavy would be a good replacement.

2 Likes

News Ltd have lost the war to buy 10, now they’re back to their old sport of baiting Fairfax.

Laughable.

A week or so ago, the tactic was to attempt to unsettle Neil Mitchell. Nothing came it (unsurprisingly), so now they’re onto a new rumour.

4 Likes

Ray Hadley on KIIS1065 this morning talking about scatter cushions. It’s more of a Talking Lifestyle topic, but far more palatable than the usual rot that comes out of his mouth.

2 Likes

“I think Ray’s right” says Bill. No, no change, still the usual rot coming out of his mouth.

Would’ve been a great topic for Kyle to slip in the phrase, “pillow biters”, see if Gary Burns was listening.

1 Like

Does anyone else reckon Kyle would be the next Ray Hadley/Alan Jones/Talking-skeleton-that-was-once-John-Laws if he ever switched from brainless music radio to brainless talkback?

I don’t mind Ray as long as you keep him talking harmless jibberish but he really does have his head up his fundements, as does Kyle.

2 Likes

I’ve often thought Eddie McGuire would eventually replace Neil Mitchell in Melbourne. Paul Murray could be the next Hadley or Jones in Sydney once they retire.