Nine Radio (Talk)

He’s good :+1:

Rex Hunt will return to 3AW commentary box this Friday to call the E.J. Whitten Legends Game at Etihad Stadium.

2 Likes

Alan Jones has suggested that Clover Moore (Lord Mayor of Sydney) should be hung.

He really is a repugnant and quite violent man.

http://www.news.com.au/national/breaking-news/alan-jones-attacked-for-repulsive-tweet/news-story/a8fff29cd8cd9e166f8ad850ba0cd7b2

4 Likes

I know I am replying to my own comment but…

If someone had suggested killing Alan’s beloved Tony Abbott I am sure the right wing demagogue would have been up in arms and raving about how his “blood was boiling with disgust” as he spewed outrage on 873.

Alan does nothing to constructively contribute to the political conversation in Australia. Whist he rallies agains the Safe Schools program, wind farms and solar power, he suggests that his audience would enjoy the public killing of a democratically elected leader.

The fact that News Corp are calling his Tweet “repulsive” says so much.

Alan’s disrespect for Clover, Turnbull , Julia or Morrison is hideous. I have a slight feeling of happiness knowing that when Alan retires or passes from this life he will be partly remembered for being No.1 for scores of surveys and partly remembered for causing the Cronulla riots (“shoot one and the rest will run”) and for the disgraceful input he has added to the political discourse in this nation.

Alan will never get the accolades he desires.

Rant over.

4 Likes

I really don’t think he likes women.

3 Likes

One wonders what Alan Jones’ views on Gladys Berejiklian are. Because I seem to recall him really disliking Mike Baird (especially after last year’s debacles about council mergers, the failed greyhound racing ban and the hospitals crisis, etc.)!

Jones doesn’t like Gladys at all. A couple of examples.

https://twitter.com/AlanJones/status/902027759651663873

https://twitter.com/AlanJones/status/885288115958538240
The audio:

1 Like

2GB 9.30am news update this morning. The last story in the update:

“And research has shown that magpies will only swoop on you if they think you are a bad person”

End of news report.

It is sad that this is the quality of Macquarie News. I is even sadder that this is being broadcast on 2CH and Talking Lifestyle. I still miss the 2UE news service. One day I will tell my children about 2UE news and what Sydney lost on Thursday 16 April 2015.

1 Like

The Weekend Break with Grubby & Dee Dee is now back in full swing this weekend due to no footy playing.

Jane Holmes and Heidi Murphy will fill in for Dee Dee whilst she is on holidays in the US for a few weeks.

1 Like

Thank goodness they’ve got those two doing a better shift. I felt sorry when they dumped them on Talking Lifestyle breakfast.

3 Likes

Herald Sun’s Leigh Pattsch has replaced Jim Schembri as film critic on The Weekend Break.

She is pretty good.

Good to see the Weekend Break back.

1 Like

Well they were only filling in for the winter break. Perhaps 2GB/4BC will consider them when the NRL finishes up for the year as their Weekend Detention programme has just been garbage in the past.

Weren’t they on 2GB at the start of the year?

Yes they did but were barely given a chance, such is 2GB

1 Like

I recall the last 2 hours of their weekend afternoon program on 3AW was also aired on 2GB/4BC last summer.

MediaWatch yesterday discussed a potential sale of the radio assets of Fairfax and Alan Jones on Studio 10 this morning said the same saying “a major media player” was interested. MW said

2GB and Fairfax were never likely to get on. And our bet is they won’t stay together too much longer.

And if 2GB ties the knot with anyone else, expect it to be News Corp.

http://www.abc.net.au/mediawatch/transcripts/s4728692.htm

Maybe the old Lauchster can mismanage 2GB into a ditch as well?

2 Likes

I don’t think of it that way - Fairfax and 2GB are a perfect match - they feed the outrage of each other and deliver that to totally different audiences.

1 Like

The merger two years ago wasn’t about Fairfax and 2GB coming together but more to create a national capital city network so that 2GB could relay programs interstate (ie. 3AW and 4BC are now carrying a lot of 2GB programs). So I’d be interested to see how this plays out.