Nine Radio (Talk)

It’s sad he’s sick, no one deserves that, but I hope his radio career has ended.

MRN probably needs to start thinking about developing future radio presenters that can lead the station once Jones & Hadley call it a day.

If their back-up plan consists largely of the Chris Smith and Ben Fordham type of presenters, well I can see the station’s position as “Sydney’s #1 radio station” being under serious threat (if it isn’t already, as indicated in the results of the last survey where 2GB was only 0.1% ahead of Smooth 95.3).

Agreed.

Might help if they had some younger talent, eg not “young” as in Fordham and 40+ year olds.

1 Like

Former Media Spy member Caleb Bond for breakfast probably…

4 Likes

Doesn’t look like it will be going ahead.

Apparently he was dead.

http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/lifestyle/health/alan-jones-apparently-i-had-no-pulse/news-story/19e9a11081e9ac41248310ac074455b0

In the same call, he commented on the federal government and called for former prime minister Tony Abbott to be reinstated as leader.

lol

Back in his Media Spy posting days I seem to recall Caleb Bond being fairly centrist, perhaps even slightly progressive.

You certainly wouldn’t think I’m referring to the same person if you saw his recent News Corp-published columns, although I could imagine him being a future radio presenter on 2GB or a similar talk station!

Holy shit according to his website he’s 17…

?!?

Apparently he turned 18 yesterday

2 Likes

Just saw this article:

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/news/opinion/caleb-bond-now-ive-turned-18-twitter-trolls-will-have-to-find-something-else-to-abuse-me-about/news-story/0a00509e438e47ad4c1fbddf18826049

Hb Caleb

This exchange on Twitter:
:joy:

3 Likes

I thought he was 10

holy shit that’s not a rando, that’s an MP.

And not just any MP, he’s my MP.

I’ve never been so proud of my home seat of Moreton :')

1 Like

I know. I was shocked that he put that on Twitter but having seen that guy on television, I could understand why. :joy:

1 Like

Money talks.

Legendary English cricket commentator Henry Blofeld announced last Friday he would retire after the cricket test between England and the West Indies at Lord’s which starts on September 7. Blofeld was part of Macquarie’s commentary team in the past two summers in Australia, and before that the ABC. The retirement means he will miss this summer’s Ashes series down under.

4BC became Screwed since they tooked 2GB’s Breakfast, Morning & Afternoon Shifts Away and Ratings dropped to 5%.

You know whats ironic. In Cairns they had a local talk show on 4ca during the morning, yet they dont have in Brissy.

1 Like

Heard the first 5 minutes or so of Rex Hunt’s Footy Nightline tonight. my goodness was it terrible radio. He was rambling. His first two callers were making next to no sense whatsoever. Do Tobin Brothers really think they’re getting their moneys worth from this spot?

2 Likes