Nine Radio (Talk)

He was breakfast host on 3EE in the 1990s, as short lived as it was before the station got sold off.

2 Likes

6PR had a wrong number on their website for their fax machine, yet nobody noticed until this complaint. I wonder how long that wrong number was there? I think it shows again that the fax machine is well past its use by date.

Seemingly not for the complainant.

1 Like

Alan Jones is hilarious. It is the best laugh on Sydney radio.

Yesterday he was blasting Muslim Australians for not promoting Australian values. Alan is the man that put a caller to air (before the Cronulla riots) who said of Muslim youth “Shoot one - the rest will run” and Alan repeated this quote and laughed. I am still not too sure that shooting people is part of our culture.

This morning was even more hysterical. At 6.12am Alan was discussing the Shorten commercial about “Putting Australia First”. Alan said that he saw nothing wrong with the (nearly) all white ad. He said “I am so sick of this nation’s culture of complaint. People are always complaining and I am sick of it”

He then went on to complain for the next 2 hours and 48 minutes about:

• Government expenditure
  • John Coates
  • NAPLAN testing
  • Budget deficits
  • The ABC
  • Education funding (too much money)
  • The way Turnbull moves his hands when he talks
  • Muslim Australians and Muslims in general

It was not stop complaining. Truly the man is a genius. So, so funny. Thanks Alan. I have always enjoyed a laugh in the morning. I had tears running down my face on the 339!

Brilliant stuff.

4 Likes

I steer clear of Alan, continuous music is a better option.

And I won’t be catching the ‘creepy’ 339.

2 Likes

:joy:
@nickatnights may have been the one doing the cutting so Alan Jones would talk about him. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Listening to Andrew Bolt on 2GB over the past few nights and he’s getting increasingly frustrated with Steve Price talking over him, disagreeing and interrupting.

Ross & John finished up in the US this morning on 3AW Breakfast.

1 Like

Has Price actually gone more centrist since his jungle stay?

Really? I didn’t think Sydney really knew who he was.

1 Like

I was not sure in which thread I should write this comment.

Today in Sydney there is a major bus strike. The inner west and southern suburbs are without government run bus services. The strike was announced last night at 6pm. Many commuters are waiting at their normal bus stops this morning and are unaware of the 24 strike. The strike is over the “sacking” of 1 200 bus drivers as these services will be privatised from July 2018.

I was only thinking on the way to work this morning that the only local AM talk station left in this city of 4.5 million people that is Sydney-centric at breakfast is 702.

2GB breakfast is broadcast in Brisbane, 2UE in Melbourne and Brisbane. Radio National across the nation. It is telling when a local story needs to be covered but the talk stations can’t spend to much time on the story as most of the listeners have no - nada - zero - interest in the story.

Two thoughts. Thank goodness for 702. I miss 2UE.

1 Like

Well at least the FM stations (even with their failings) were able to keep commuters informed.

1 Like

Have you seen the 4BC ratings? The vast majority of Alan Jones listeners are in Sydney. (Average audience of 118,000 in Sydney compared to 26,000 in Brisbane)

EDIT: Same with Talking Lifestyle - Average breakfast audience of 46,000 in Sydney, 5,000 in Brisbane and 10,000 in Melbourne.

It’s just a pity that the 2GB and 2UE are hesitant to cover such a local event in case the Brisbane listeners tune out. And vice versa as well.

Radio has the advantage of being local. FM networking has advantages but it does destroy the local identity of the station.

Now we are losing the AM stations as well. Great for cost cutting. Not so good for discussing local issues.

This is why the ABC is so important. 702 keeps me in touch with Sydney. 2GB keeps me in touch with Brisbane.

1 Like

That’s good, because now Sydneysiders will learn how much better Brisbane is than their own city :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I am sure the traffic reports in Brisbane are much shorter. Much, much shorter.

It simply amazes me why would anyone in Brisbane listen to 4BC breakfast. This morning Chris Smith went on and on and on about the bus strike making out that the whole country was without buses. And then they go on about Gladys Berejeklian, local politics, merging councils, the list goes on and on. Tell me…who in Brisbane would care!!!
Breakfast and Drive must be local to give some interest in listening. As for the others during the day and night at least show your faces from time to time. Ray Hadley does the occasional show in Brisbane when he has called the rugby league the night before, I just wait for the day John Singleton decides to retire or just goes away.

4 Likes

Herald Sun says former MKR contestant Ash Pollard will have a food segment on Steve Price’s show on 3AW on Thursday nights. They struck up a friendship after competing on I’m a Celebrity Get Me Out of Here earlier this year.

1 Like

I thought he said he couldn’t stand her. That’s going to be awkward now. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

They will want to keep it professional. :wink: