Nine Radio (Talk)

2GB has dumped Grubby and Dee Dee. That Melbourne show was never going to last.

2GB???

Yes, they were being Syndicated from 3AW for a while.

Iā€™ve never heard their 3AW show but I canā€™t imagine them resonating at all with a Sydney audience.

1 Like

Heard a segment in someoneā€™s car today, Dee Dee with approving sound effects from Grubby was very anti Meryl Streepā€™s speech at the Golden Globes and downplaying Trumps extraordinary behaviour. Every call taken seemed to be in agreement. Sounds right up 2GBā€™s alley.

1 Like

www.2gb.com has been given another facelift. The second major one since the merger.

I wonder what will be done with the remaining sites? And even the remaining logos?

My guess is ā€œwatch this spaceā€.

Interesting how 2GB has received yet another new website not that long ago since the old one was introduced, but the design of the new website looks rather decent IMO.

They might want to allow more characters for the titles of featured stories though, because at the moment thereā€™s this rather awkward one on their homepageā€¦

4 Likes

The last update was just a simple style change to their pre-merger website.
I would expect that this design will roll out to all their stations (except Talking Lifestyle) in the near future.

1 Like

They donā€™t even have proper names. Wtf is this shit? Would never work in Sydneyā€¦ or any other market for that matter. Niche shows should just stay market of origin.

They are from FM radio originally, nicknames!

1 Like

New sports talk show Sportsday premieres this evening on 3AW in Melbourne (Gerard Healy and Dwayne Russell) and 6PR in Perth (Karl Langdon and Paul Hasleby). Each state will have its own version with separate hosts and will be relayed through regional stations.

EDIT: heard the first hour or so on my drive home. At the start of the show Gerard welcomed back all the regionals which got the show back after six years, while Dwayne said the show could now be heard across regional NSW and Tasmania as well. Mitch Cleary (producer on Nineā€™s Footy Classified and AFL Footy Show) has joined the show as reporter. Itā€™s still like the old Sports Today but with new sponsors Kia and Red Energy. It also has a new Twitter account (SportsdayRadio) and two national numbers for talkback (new 1300 number in addition to 13 13 32). However the hosts forgot to mention the show ends at 7pm for 3AW listeners. They will have to manage the transition well over the next couple of weeks otherwise many regular listeners will be angry.

Any idea when John & Garry are back on air?

Has Ross Greenwood finished up with his daily night show on MRN? Their website has Money To Love with Heidi Armstrong. Greenwood is still listed as hosting a weekend show though.

Next week.

Sydney only?

6PR has signed Channel Nine Perth journalist Oliver Peterson as host of the drive program, 3pm-6pm Monday to Friday, effective next Monday January 23. Peterson takes over from Adam Shand, who presented the show for the past two years.

4BCā€™s website is now the same style as the new 2GB site. Iā€™m assuming 3AW and 6PR will follow shortly.

Magic stations will most likely get the Talking Lifestyle site.

Odd that MRN donā€™t use the same platform/layout for both streams.

Forgot to addā€¦

Finally interesting to see the 4BC contact number has been changed on their new site to 131 873.

Does Ben Davis still use 13 13 32? Seems pointless for one show only.

Itā€™s really strange flicked over to 2gb and there is a formal ad to tune into 954. It was read by Mark Levy. Is this a first?

There was talk of this earlier. Is anyone able to get audio of the ad/read?