Nine Radio (Talk)

2GB also did a half hour news at midday.

1 Like

Former Australian cricketer Mike Hussey is joining Macquarie’s commentary team. He will be first heard on the ODI between Australia and New Zealand at the SCG on December 4.

Have seen some research internally that suggests the long bulletins are actually a turn off.

1 Like

Had a listen to the Macquarie coverage of the cricket today - I have to say I’ll probably start listening to it over the ABC, just a much better standard of calling, even with the commercials.

1 Like

Eastern FM here in Melbourne now taking 3AW News, heard the 700Khz pips and some 3AW News.

Is 3AW news of a better quality than what is heard on 2GB?

On the 6.30am news this morning on 2GB the lead story was about a monkey that had been stolen from a zoo on Sydney’s outskirts. Only one hour later the story did not even rate a mention on 2GB news. The main story become a non-story in only 60 minutes.

2 Likes

According to Radio Today, Sports Today will be renamed Sportsday and be broadcast on 20 stations across regional Victoria and Tasmania from January 16 next year, as part of the new six-year AFL radio deal. Gerard Healy and Dwayne Russell will remain as co-hosts (Healy finished for the year last night and is now on holidays).
The press release says the program will continue to air weeknights on 3AW from 6-7pm and across regional Victoria and Tasmania from 6-8pm. The entire two hours of the program will also be streamed on new platforms.

1 Like

Another reason to listen to the ABC.

Luke Bona has left Macquarie. He’ll be hosting an overnight talk show on the Triple M network starting in two weeks.

Good on Luke, he is perfect choice for live, overnight radio.

Wonder how MMM will go with his Nature B and overpriced holiday offers?

I thought it was only for the regional network.

http://forums.mediaspy.org/t/southern-cross-austereo-regional/56/454?u=littlegezzybear

Amazing, and well done, that he’s got a national show.

What station will he be doing it out of?

He lives in Sydney so i would assume he’ll be doing it out of Triple M’s Sydney city studios.

Looks like a international company that is just full of spin doctors trying to sell a product that will never help peoples health.

Mods, take this down if you want.

1 Like

Hopefully the program will be even better now, with a production company (CrocMedia) producing the program :slight_smile:

The only differences will be the themes/intros (used for the past 9 years, show’s been around for 15 years) & some production staff?

Not sure I really like “Sportsday”, what was wrong with Sports Today?

Nothing, but Sportsday is Crocmedia’s brand, so of course that’s what they’ll be using

1 Like

Rumour has it that as of mid February the Magic Stations in Melbourne and Brisbane will close and start taking 2UE Lifestyle Programmes. The final deadline for the Sale of 2CH is December 15. Does this mean either dead air or recorded music with no announcers or commercials??
Surely the logical buyer of 2CH is Carallis?
Still will be interesting to see what actually happens!!

1 Like

Most likely 2CH will just have dead air with a carrier signal or have it’s transmitter switched off.

Sunday Herald Sun reports that Sam McClure could switch from 3AW to SEN next year to be a regular on the latter’s breakfast show. It will be a big loss to 3AW given he broke so many sporting stories.

1 Like

George Moore said on 2UE this morning that there is a problem with the audio on the studio webcam video stream, for some reason the ads aren’t being played on the stream. He said it should be fixed this week. The audio stream works fine, on iHeartRadio at least.