Nine Radio (Talk)

Those quoted in the article are right, the old dears will hang on for months without Alan. Longer than they’d wait for their neglectful children.

Radio may have a large audience but no one ever said any part of the audience was intelligent. This is definitely not an intelligent audience sector.

Not sure if it was mentioned back in mid-July, but I only just realised…

Alexandra Factor (3AW News - sport editor & journalist) finished up after 8 and a half years :cry:

She joined at the start of 2008 & even got to file reports on her Hawks’ four premierships in that time.

She is now Corporate Comms Manager at the VRC.

There are multiple ways to search did you know?

I doubt the highly entertaining John and Garry show on 2U - err Talking Lifestyle - will be back in 2017. Linnell has written a piece for the SMH lamenting how bad Sydney has become and that he is moving “up the coast for at least a year” with his family.

The same article also states he will be visiting Sydney everyday for work.

1 Like

did it? I missed that! Sorry!

Mustn’t be moving far? Where to?

If I was to take a guess, probably the NSW Central Coast, just North of Sydney…

I hate to admit it but I am finding some of the Lifestyle Segments on 2UE quite entertaining. Perhaps it doesn’t mean much anymore but is Luke Bona still around or perhaps on leave. I notice that Nick Bennett is doing the shifts that Luke did.

He’s on the overpriced cruise he spent most of the year flogging with the Indian travel agent. Tiresome stuff!

ah thanks, I should have thought of that.

1 Like

Anyone have info on Rex Hunt doing evenings on 3AW?

Radioinfo says he’s hosting a football talkback show:

https://www.radioinfo.com.au/news/yibbida-yibbida-hes-back-folks?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

1 Like

Macquarie News Sydney - 6.30am

The last story:

“Two boys are in hospital after suffering burns to their bodies on the south coast in an apparent misadventure”

That was it. So in a 600km stretch of coast two humans burnt themselves and it was not on purpose. Thanks for the update.

3 Likes

The one sentence stories at the tail end are useless. Steve Blanda back on 2UE did excellent work succinctly summarising news stories.

Full page advertisement in The Australian today.

2 Likes

Yeah with 2gb buying 2ue the commercial competition with news services was healthy. Now other than 2sm they are on their own. I remember when new bulletins were longer. For example at 10pm there was always a 10 min version. Today, profitability is more important than quality. Even though 2ue had a better news service it does not mean it rates either. They can be sloppy on news so long as it rates. Now the news is like listening to an fm pop radio station. Very brief. I remember when Mike Carlton did breakfast on MIX and was upset with the poor news service. Today 2gb is almost similar. :grinning:

I doubt 2ch would have it own news room when it’s bout. For now its a thing of the pass.

1 Like

The ABC don’t do this either now, so the commercials just follow the lead.

When Justin Kelly was 2GB news director, he always had an extended 10pm bulletin and quality across the board was much better. Now they’re being asked to do more with much less and it sadly shows.

1 Like

3AW does a 8 Minute bulletin at 12PM.

1 Like

good grief, I remember when 2UE did a full 30 minutes at midday with Sandy Aloisi.

1 Like