Love Island Australia

And the winners are Claudia and Austen; Claudia picked the gg with th $50k and close love rather than money.

Predictable but the right couple won. It seems like they are still together as well having been spotted together since filming and so have Mitch and Phoebe. Interested to hear about Callum and Maddie (given all of the other eliminated couples prior to the finale have broken up).

It seems so

Sophie Monk crowns the winners of Love Island Australia 2022 during emotional Grand Finale

After a rollercoaster eight weeks of incredible moments of love, romance, laughter and more drama than ever before, Austen & Claudia have been announced as the winners of Love Island Australia 2022.

Voted by the Australian public as their favourite couple, host Sophie Monk revealed the pair won the nation’s hearts over fellow grand finalist couples Mitchell & Phoebe and Callum & Madeline.

In the world of Love Island, the path to love is never easy. Once our new Love Island King and Queen were crowned, they were each given an egg – one containing $50,000 and nothing in the other. Claudia’s egg had the $50,000, meaning she had the choice to either split the money with Austen or take it all for herself, proving whether she was in it for love or money. She chose love.

Claudia, 23, from Adelaide said: “To win is amazing, but also to find a one in a million person like Austen is just incredible. I feel so lucky and I couldn’t have asked to find someone better. He is everything I’ve ever wanted in someone and more.”

Austen, 22, from Sydney said: “To win means so much to both myself and Claudia. I didn’t go into Love Island Australia expecting I would come out finding someone like Claudia, there is no one like her. We have such an incredible connection and our future together is so bright.”

Host, Sophie Monk, said: “This has been one of the best seasons in Love Island Australia yet, there have been so many beautiful, heartfelt and hilarious moments this season as well as some of the best and most explosive bombshells we’ve ever seen.”

The couple’s path to love hasn’t been the smoothest having to withstand the shock entry of Claudia’s ex boyfriend Jason as a bomb, as well as her past relationship and trust issues. However these shake-ups only solidified their bond to stick together and shortly after both admitted they had fallen completely and madly in love with each other.

Premiering on October 31 on 9Now and 9Go! and filmed in a luxury villa in Mallorca, Spain, the four night-a-week series has once again been the show that breaks the mould for viewing. Season to date, Love Island Australia 2022 has recorded a VOD BVOD Audience of 327,000 (+35% YoY), and 520M VOD minutes (+44% YoY).

Love Island Australia is produced by ITV Studios Australia for the 9Network.

1 Like

The finale pulled 45,000 5-city viewers on 9GO! but increased to 239,000 in Total TV after BVOD, timeshifting and regional figures were added.

While Love Island was another ratings success in terms of BVOD viewing and timeshifting, should Nine be concerned about audience figures going downwards in the final few episodes?

1 Like

They probably wouldn’t have gone down if they had Casa Amore this season and if it wasn’t so obvious that Claudia and Austen would win.

2 Likes

The ratings had been on the rise, albeit still quite small up until about 2 weeks to go when they plateaued. The last Monday was really low for the snoozefest that was the final dates then the final that was the highest rated episode of the series by 1-2k.

1 Like

Wouldn’t this be mostly due to the time of the year? It was literally the week of Christmas. They should’ve aired 5 episodes a week and wrapped it up a bit earlier.

You would hope not, otherwise it strengthens the case to not run new content in December.

The entire show was done poorly this season. No Casa, highly predicable ending like you said but for me it was BVOD that killed it, because viewership was considerably lower when it was on Linear TV, should’ve had BVOD air immediately after the TV aired version.

1 Like

I think 9 don’t care that much about the TV ratings, the show has always done better on BVOD for them.

In a bit of a reversal of the usual, two former Love Island Australia contestants will enter the Love Island UK villa. Aaron from Season 3 and Jesse from Season 2.

1 Like

Confirmed for a Spanish villa.

1 Like

It would be good if they can go back to the more live (or close to filming) format with viewer voting.

3 Likes

Also need to reinstate Casa Amor.

3 Likes

Apply now to be part of Love Island Australia 2023

Calling all #LoveIslandAU lovers! We're once again looking to hook up with some Superfans to help us make a season of sun filled, sexy mayhem. Tag a Love Island tragic below and get applying: https://t.co/6xQ5R3qVkL pic.twitter.com/ojdJS2SWDM

— Love Island Australia (@LoveIslandAU) June 21, 2023

So yet another pre-recorded season… Ruins the whole fun of the show

3 Likes

How? What’s the difference?