Love Island Australia

I have enjoyed Eoghan McDermott again, some subtle but amusing observations so far. Sophie Monk seems like a deer in headlights during her brief appearances, but I think that adds to the appeal.

This show is definitely a guilty pleasure favourite of mine.

Very low numbers last night. Big concern for Nine if they are getting bang for their buck.

3 Likes

The concern being it’s their current 8:30pm content, stripped too. 200k metro not sustainable you’d imagine every night in that slot for a couple of months?

Otherwise, probably wouldn’t be so much a concern. Even Seven’s ‘turkeys’ have beaten it

Is there any chance Nine could lose the year? Not likely. But if there is, they’ll dump it to 9Go.

2 Likes

I thought this could be a chance to happen too. Tonight’s performance will be telling, no competition

Love Island still does well in the demos who make up a large proportion of the audience. Just to take the middle age bracket (18-49) form last night; Love Island had more viewers there than all programs on Seven except the news. It also rated higer than ACA.

Episode 1 is currently sitting on a VPM rating of 157,000.

It is reminiscent of Big Brother on Nine that would consistently show up in the top 5 of 16-39 but otherwise looked to be doing poorly.

5 Likes

No. They started it. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Don’t know why this is news. Season 1 was also shown in the UK last year.

It could be a case of earlier in the week vs later in the week. Maybe a lot of the younger demos are on 10 later in the week with Bachelorette / Gogglebox etc and missing it. Whereas it was much easier for me to watch earlier in the week as when the Masked Singer ended there was only about a 5 minute gap until The Block ended and Love Island started. Maybe they should have had Love Island on Sunday’s instead of Fridays.

Don’t think it would make much difference. It has dropped from 494k to 240k within 4 days. Expect it to be under 200k tonight. I think it will be moved to 9GO sometime next week and I wouldn’t be surprised to see it getting cancelled this season if the demos and VPM streaming don’t hold up.

The problem for me is that this season and the 1st one as well are so boring compared to the UK due to poor casting.

1 Like

The idea is - if you see you dream partner on the show you can apply to couple up with them. For example, I could audition now and possibly be a cast member before it ends

What about on demand, social media and the Love Island app?

The app is full with money making tools

Didn’t 9 say they only care about demos and vpm for this?

Where do they say that?

Idk last years upfronts or something. I think that was the justification for moving it to the main channel. Could be wrong.

Very valiant of you to defend Nine.

Not really I don’t like the show. Just an interesting strategy and I like the fact they aren’t chasing total people ratings with it.

sigh
If it was Ten you’d be tearing strips off them. :laughing:

I just caught 5 mins of this on 9Life. What a load of trash full of men and women with over inflated opinions of themselves. Tacky, trashy. I can’t believe it even got 200k viewers.
And the voiceover guy completes the trashiness of this show.

2 Likes