London Attack

Small terror attack around Westminster, London this morning. BBC Live Page: http://www.bbc.com/news/live/uk-39355505

Seven has simulcast CNN International for coverage of the attack at Westminster since about 3am.

1 Like

Kochie and Sam starting coverage at 5am

Cross to Max Futcher (well organised)

6 Likes

ABC News 24 simulcasted BBC World News coverage until the start of ABC News Breakfast.

Nine ran normal programming unit Nine Early News, Today has been running full ad break free coverage with Amelia Ballinger reporting from London.

6 Likes

Just a small one, then?

I switched to ABC TV straight after I heard about the incident, yet there was nothing.

For breaking news events like this, they should either switch the main channel over to News 24, or run a graphic on the screen (for a few hours at least) with basic information and advice to switch to News 24 for more information.

3 Likes

Sunrise looks live into QLD this morning.

3 Likes

Today have now started to move on to other stories.

1 Like

I think ABC News Breakfast is live into Queensland. Turnbull was on air at 7am.

Special coverage on Sunrise ended around 10am with The Morning Show continuing coverage.

2 Likes

Today ended special coverage at 11am,the Morning News continuing special coverage from 11am.

3 Likes

I was watching ABC (America) when they broke into normal programming for the breaking news. Spent a few minutes and then returned to regular programming. I have a friend who lives in London and he is okay, but wasn’t anywhere near the vicinity but said it was disturbing.

2 Likes

Nine News Now live into QLD this afternoon:

3 Likes

Nine News Now live into Perth every day of the year

Here’s the first 30 minutes of coverage on BBC One. Coverage was in progress already on the BBC News Channel prior. There’s a minor blooper from 1:35.

I believe someone on TV Forum said this is the first time since Mandela’s death that BBC One has interrupted regular scheduled programming for breaking news.

edit: there’s also a video of the transition from the program in-progress to BBC News. As sad as it is, I very much appreciate the no-frills affair of the BBC’s handling of this. No garish full screens or dramatic music.
For comparison, here is the controversial handling of BBC One switching from Mrs Brown’s Boys to the breaking news of Mandela.

5 Likes

Both Today and Sunrise were live into Queensland this morning.

[quote=“SEQTelevision, post:13, topic:2752, full:true”]
Nine News Now live into QLD this afternoon:
[/quote] And the same for the national Afternoon News.

1 Like

ABC this morning

1 Like

Morning Show

3 Likes

Sunrise

3 Likes

3 Likes

2 Likes