KIIS Network

and then Matty is off to SCA. Why are they giving him more chances when he’s leaving the network?

I’m surprised he’s still allowed on Hughesy and Kate. Very weird for someone who’s leaving them to be still on air.

Not at all, you can work up until the end of your contract or you’re paid out. Why would ARN do that when they can have him working.

It’s up to ARN to decide.

Why would they give someone such a prominent gig (national summer drive) when he’s off to a competitor. Best to use a talent you can promote into the future.

2 Likes

Probably because they have no one else to fill the void.

Or that they’re just waiting to poach another Nova/SCA ready-made personality.

How long till we see The Thinkergirls get a brekkie fill-in gig?

Even for fill in, quite some time I’d say.

their content is too niche for breakfast, I doubt they could expand that well either

1 Like

Robyn Bayley is leaving 97.3 breakfast after they were “unable to agree to terms.”

her management wanted too much money. they should have been more realistic. 97-3 will do just fine without her.

It won’t be the same without her. I don’t listen to 97.3 anymore because of their repetitive playlist but I didn’t mind their breakfast show.I’m sure some other station will sign her up very soon.She spells her name with an ‘I’ Robin not ‘Y’

3 Likes

Same with me Karen_Cee. I can’t listen to 97.3 anymore because of the playlist but the breakfast show was quite listenable.

1 Like

Maybe they’ll just put Kyle and Jackie O on for breakfast in Brisbane - wouldn’t surprise me.

1 Like

I hope not

1 Like

Then the ratings of 97.3 Brisbane would probably fall even further…

2 Likes

Sad to see Robin leave 97.3 after all these years.

1 Like

And it’s Bailey not Bayley :wink:

1 Like

I’ve never really liked Bailey so not sad to see her leave 973. See how they go in the ratings now

Could this be the start of an interesting time for ARN Brisbane? Will they go through the same problems 2DayFM have experienced recently by simply “letting go” one of their star attractions?

…or will we simply see ARN poach someone from SCA/Nova yet again?

Any predictions on her high profile replacement?

I personally feel 97.3 is strong enough to ride out the transition of Robin Bailey.

1 Like

i’m not sure if they need a name for breakfast. why not build someone up from within?

and yes, i also 97.3 is strong enough to ride this out. the amount of stores i see with 97.3 playing is insane. i think she may have had a bit of an inflated sense of self importance.