KIIS Network

I missed this at the time. Peter Deppeler, a KIIS106.5/WSFM101.7 reporter asking Tara Brown a question from Jackie O about how her stayed so perfect in prison.

Matty Acton is leaving KIIS and is joining Stav, Abby and Osher next year.

He’ll hopefully be much better than Dave.

1 Like

Where the hell was Dave from anyway? What was his previous job?

not sure what his previous role was, but he is staying in the network.

1 Like

For ARN’s Duncan Campbell we talk about WSFM, where the tweaks they made appear to paying off – is it breakfast or the music?

What’s ARN strategy to get Gold ahead in the highly competitive Melbourne market and will they regain some of the lost ground in their 40-54 heartland?

And while off a small base, KIIS 101.1 made some inroads in daytime listening: “Melbourne is certainly very tight in CHR” – so what is next in ARN’s strategy?

LOL Duncan wouldn’t know. He’s been thoroughly beaten and blindsided by the British programmer and completely and utter screwed with WS. Smooth has a listener base that is solid, and you can’t see WS regaining all that ground. They’ve basically given up 40-54 by killing all the classic hits they used to play. He’s lucky he’s had KIIS and its results to keep the wolves at bay for his job after the cock-up that was WS.

Looks like Mix 102.3 Adelaide is off-air, given that the entirety of SA is without power.

I’m guessing all radio and TV stations in South Australia would be affected by the storm.

I can’t speak for what’s on air locally, but the SCA stations and Nova/5AA are still streaming. Streams of the ARN stations are down however.
Most of the regionals seem to be streaming fine.
I also know that Fresh 92.7 lost all power at their studios, but their TX site has power and is running the backup tape.

1 Like

I find it very hard to believe that the studios and transmitters wouldn’t have backup generators… question is how long until the powers back on and how long will the genny’s last

Might be a few trips to the servo to get some fuel… might have to leave an IOU because they probably won’t be able to process the payment…

1 Like

or power the pumps.

1 Like

ARN has committed to Matt and Meshel on KIIS 1011 for 2017.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/gossip-queen-kiis-bosses-say-no-to-kyle-and-jackie-o-for-melbourne-radio-breakfast/news-story/8703f3c2249fe3723a13193b078b9151

1 Like

Just like SCA committed to Dan & Maz once upon a time?
Let’s face it - no-one commits to pulling 5’s at breakfast, even in a competitive market like Melbourne. Smooth’s more music breakfast rates as good as or better than them.

I think they’re both good radio people, but if gotcha calls are your only point of difference, and you were forced to re-introduce the old idea to gain a point of difference, things aren’t looking good…

But how much of that can you put on presenters? A level of that should come back to the producing team too

Matt & Meshel sound good together but you have three very competitive breakfast shows in the same space, plus Triple M and Smooth also titans at AM breakfast. There just isn’t space for everyone to be hits.

Does KIIS not do the Ryan Seacrest show anymore? If so thank god!

1 Like

For how long though?

But, if they risk Kyle & Jackie O, they will be obliterated.
That show is far too Sydney.

I dare say, even though their audience probably skews female majority, KIIS 101.1 needs to beef up AFL presence. All their competitors have footy stars involved in some way.

During footy season, their rivals all spend a lot of time talking footy. Kyle and Jackie will not. I’d go as far as suggesting neither is at all interested in AFL and they wouldn’t be able to pull it off… Nor would it work in the Sydney market.

Surely they should be looking for a point of difference then?

I’d think a morning zoo format could work; the problem being that it risks coming off too similar to Chrissie, Sam and Browny at Nova.

Sophie Monk will return to KIIS to co-host Summer Fling breakfast show with Matty Acton from December 5.