KIIS Network

I think you don’t know the difference between an average listener, and a MediaSpy user

Unless you actually have a some radio experience like me under your belt, and have worked for KIIS like myself - don’t get on your high horse please (for the sake of your embarrassment)

1 Like

3 Likes

Hmm. Well, that explains the positive predictions for KIIS. You guys have your work cut out for you.

1 Like

So do you think that replacing the low rating Matt & Meshel was a bad choice and do you think Jase & PJ are a bad show? Because if the answer to those questions is no, I’m not really sure what you’re trying to say tbh

PJ may be a bad choice but it remains to be seen if the show is good for Melbourne. Will and Woody is a bad show.

2 Likes

I still think “KIIS” is a dumb name for a station. It wouldn’t be so bad if it was KIS or KISS, but there is no such thing as a double ‘i’ in English. It’s based on a 1970s brand in LA for a station that was on AM with a frequency close to 115 hence the double ‘i’.

I know we’ve covered this before, but Urgh, I just hate it.

4 Likes

My two cents for what it’s worth. I knew of Jase and PJ and heard some of their stuff from NZ. In particular their marathon shows that they’ve done over the past few years (maybe something they will try here?)

So when I heard they were coming here I was looking forward to it and they haven’t disappointed. Obviously it’s the first week so their will always be teething problems but the show sounds original and although they have some set features it’s good that they mix it up and you can tell they’ve worked together for a while.

I very rarely listen to FM Breakfast Radio from Australia. I still think it’s lacking a Chris Moyles type zoo show with less music (something Rove could have been if it was done right) but that seems like it’s unlikely to happen in the near future.

I’ve throughly enjoyed listening this week and will be interested to see how they go throughout the year.

6 Likes

I hope they do that here as well.

How do 973, Mix Adelaide and 96fm sound at the moment…? Do they play their own music during Wil and Woody or do they take the CHR song feed…? Do they play CHR music during Kyle & Jackie O…?

Feels a bit odd that an AC or Gold (96) station would have KJ and WW and still sound ‘right’. Will WW have to stop saying KIIS when Brisbane’s no longer on daylight savings…?

It’s interesting that the breakfast show and the music is all that really makes these stations what they are - and that the major drivetime (4-7) is potentially a complete detour every single day.

1 Like

Online Radio Box is your friend, which has the playlists for every ARN station stored up to a week.

Take yesterday (Friday 12th) for example during Will & Woody (all times below are in AEDT):

97.3FM Brisbane

(5-7pm AEDT)
|18:48| Corrs - Breathless
|18:37| Ed Sheeran ft Beyoncé - Perfect Duet
|18:27| Soft Cell - Tainted Love
|18:20| Justice Crew - Que Sera
|18:07| R.E.M. - Losing My Religion
|18:04| Andy Grammer - Fresh Eyes
|17:45| Leann Rimes - Life Goes On
|17:39| Portugal. The Man - Feel It Still
|17:25| U2 - I Still Haven’t Found What I’m Looking For (Intro Edit)
|17:22| G.R.L - Ugly Heart
|17:10| Celine Dion - Because You Loved Me
|17:04| Niall Horan - Slow Hands

Mix 102.3 Adelaide

(4:30-6:30pm AEDT)
|18:19| Katy Perry - Teenage Dream
|18:15| Roxette - It Must Have Been Love
|18:12| Justin Bieber + BloodPop - Friends
|17:59| Kings of Leon - Sex On Fire
|17:55| Pink - What About Us
|17:45| Paul Kelly & The Coloured Girls - To Her Door
|17:42| Rita Ora - Your Song
|17:35| Adam Lambert - Whataya Want From Me
|17:18| Selena Gomez x Marshmello - Wolves
|17:14| Taylor Swift - You Belong With Me
|16:57| Icehouse - Electric Blue
|16:52| Ed Sheeran ft Beyoncé - Perfect Duet
|16:40| Lady Gaga - Paparazzi
|16:33| Alessia Cara - Scars To Your Beautiful

96fm Perth

(7-9pm AEDT)
|20:46| RED HOT CHILI PEPPERS - OTHERSIDE
|20:28| Icehouse - ELECTRIC BLUE
|20:12| Evanescence - BRING ME TO LIFE
|20:04| Crowded House - DON’T DREAM IT’S OVER
|19:46| The Soup Dragons - I’m Free
|19:29| Thirsty Merc - SOMEDAY SOMEDAY
|19:16| Tonic - IF YOU COULD ONLY SEE
|19:09| Walk The Moon - SHUT UP AND DANCE
|19:05| Don Henley - BOYS OF SUMMER

3 Likes

Even just KIIS96

Jase & PJ along with Will & Woody are continuing to receive bad press in today’s Herald Sun.

2 Likes

Give it 24 hours and everyone will be talking about 2Day FM Breakfast lol.

3 Likes

“Have worked” for KIIS - I work for another network now.

So how did Week 2 Day 1 go for Will and Woody? Any improvement?

Listening to 2Day’s new playlist was a better option.

7 Likes

How has Paul Hogan got another Perth radio gig? :flushed:

Everyone can hear that the show is not working.

2 Likes

The Matt & Meeshel merchandise prank wasn’t even planned. It was leftover merch made by a client for Christmas but before the live reads could have been read out, Matt & Meeshel were sacked. It’s not like KIIS had the merch made up just for the photo.

In regards to Will & Woody not being planned for drive, that is false. ARN and SCA both wanted them for drive in 2018, ARN had the better opportunity, so SCA took H&K. W&W gives ARN an opportunity to boost ratings in Perth with an existing presence already known, something 96FM needs.

It is strange Jase & PJ originally assumed they were being hired for drive, maybe miscommunication, because they mentioned it a few times on air in NZ.

Doubt they would have misread their contracts. I would think they were always planned for breakfast and always knew it. Any mention of drive in Oz (I’ve never heard their NZ show) I would think might be some sort of ease of communication rather than having to explain the minutia on the air - or they were referring to the fact they would still be doing drive in NZ.