KIIS Network

Banging on about the tennis debacle for the fourth day running. Lots of laughing from them but nobody else is laughing. I give up. Bye.

4 Likes

Like the producers or general public…? Do you have some sort of goggle-box like feed to radio listeners around the country?:wink:

1 Like

Now there’s an idea for a radio show :radio: :joy:

3 Likes

No, just a sense of humour. :joy:

2 Likes

KIIS 1065 will once again be the official partner for the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras.

Will and Woody are funny, they do make good radio with relevant content but they will struggle in the next few surveys to break ground. Let’s just hope ARN don’t do what SCA do and sack shows after 4 survey ratings because they don’t understand that shows take time to build and strengthen.

Jase and PJ on the other hand, I think they are going to do really well for KIIS Melbourne. Maybe not in Survey 1 but don’t be surprised if you see them in the 7 point range come Survey 2 (M&M usually hovered between 5.0 - 6.5)

3 Likes

So why would they suddenly do better than Matt and Meshel?

1 Like

Because they have an established audience base both in Australia (and in NZ listening on iHeart which really doesn’t contribute to ratings) but they have great content and chemistry; they mix things up. M&M had one competition which was the Pop Quiz (stolen off K&J might I add) - Jase and PJ are doing there own thing; they are original!

1 Like

You’re right that an established audience in NZ means nothing. I don’t see how they have an established audience in Australia though, apart from Jase who was in Brisbane radio as Labby.

But are listeners being told he was Labby?

1 Like

4pm - time for the daily Wood & Willy bashing to commence…

4 Likes

And he was known as The Lab Rat before that on 2Day FM. But people move cities; I’ve read posts on their socials of someone who lived in Australia and listened to them in NZ, and now live in NZ but listen to them here. Also, a person’s voice doesn’t change so if someone knew him as Labby 4 years ago, and tuned into KIIS in Melbourne for the first time to hear “Jase”, I think people would do some research and connect the dots

I think you don’t know the difference between an average listener, and a MediaSpy user.

9 Likes

Because they’re a better show…? Did you say the exact same thing hen Chrissy, Sam and Browny took over at Nova at went to #1 breakfast within their first year…?

Their ZM show podcast was in the top 100 on the Australian iTunes Store at one point. Their Facebook and Instagram have been very popular in Australia. And Labby has been on Australian radio for ages - with a voice that hasn’t changed (and a name that hasn’t changed, even though he’s better known as Labby).

2 Likes

Why would I? Is it the same thing though? :thinking:

For the record, I have said Labby is a good choice but I have my doibts about PJ.

Well it stands to reason that if you think changing a low rating show to something new means the new show can’t do as well as the last one, that logic should apply across the board. I don’t really see how it’s different. A station had a low rating breakfast show and replaced them with a new one. In Nova’s case they shot to #1. I’m not saying that’s necessarily how it’ll go down with Jase & PJ, but I don’t think they’ll do worse than the old team simply because you personally don’t like them as much.

But then again, 2Day has replaced low rating show with a new show anf every year they sank lower. My point was that a rise is not guaranted.

It has nothing to do with what I like or don’t like. It’s my opinion of what I think will work or don’t work. I think Labby had a chance of success but would have had a much better chance of success with a different co-host.

It’s like how Rove had a successful Saturday morning show on 2Day but when he mafe a bad choice of co-host for Breakfast with Sam Frost and it was an epic fail.

What happens remains to be seen it might work but…You KIIS fanboys are one-eyed KIIS fans and are not being objective.

Different market, different teams. I don’t know why Sydney would be used as an example for Melbourne over a perfectly good Melbourne example

That’s your opinion of what you like or don’t like at the end of the day though. You’re making wild assumptions based only on your own opinion and perhaps gut feeling without much basis other than you not liking it.

It’s entirely different - Rove did not pick Sam Frost personally. And they had never worked together. And had no chemistry. And weren’t funny.

Your main criticism seems to be ‘I don’t like them because she’s a Kiwi and therefore they won’t work’.
You’ve conveniently ignored examples of new Melbourne shows that went to #1. Ignored the fact that Matt & Meshel rated terribly. Ignored the fact that 2DAY FM’s situation is unique and completely different (not to mention a completely different market) to Melbourne. And ignored other presenters across Australia who are or were foreign who did fine. Talk about one-eyed and not being objective…

Well wasn’t Matt and Meshel a “new” show too? It didn’t go straight to #1 as you are suggesting this show will.

Yes these are my opinions and that’s what we’re here for.

You need to stop saying I “hate”. I haven’t said I hate anything. You need to chillax. You’re getting hysterical now.

1 Like

When did I say that…? :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I didn’t say it would go straight to number 1. I’ve said other new shows have gone to #1, disputing your point that somehow a new show wouldn’t be able to manage to get the same ratings as the previous one.

I’m not hysterical, man - I just think it’s worth having some perspective. I’ve never said I was a KIIS fan or even a Jase & PJ fan, though I like what I’ve heard so far.

I just think having some perspective is good, rather than suggesting new things can’t be good because they’re new or different…

1 Like

Yes new things can be good. But bad choices can be bad and bad shows can be bad.

1 Like