KIIS Network

They’ll soom figure it out. If they only hired people who were widely known then nobody new would get a break in the industry.

Yep, once upon a time no one knew who Kyle was either…

Hasn’t been a breakfast show for a while where the hosts don’t have a fair bit of profile already but that doesn’t mean it can’t work…

1 Like

I still remember the adds for when Kyle joined The Hot30/2day FM. “Who the (beep) is Kyle?!”

1 Like

Meshel Laurie is filling in for Kate Langbroek today.

Hughesy & Meshel are talking with Malcolm Turnbull this afternoon.

Interesting she would do a cover shift if she knows she is getting replaced next year

Unless we are going to get something like Will, Woody & Meshel for a program on KIIS

There’s been no confirmation that Matt & Meshel are being replaced yet.

When she’s on The Project I try not to watch. I definitely would never listen to her on radio - I just don’t like her style and attitude.

Her and Matt actually have a good radio show, it’s my default in the car in the morning, can’t stand Fox and Nova’s breakfast show is okay but way too much sport talk.

1 Like

Saw this video pop up from KIIS - is Hughesy doing his show from home…?

Looks like he was filling in for Kyle.

From home? That’s one hell of a deal

He’s in Melbourne anyway, so would still be in a different studio. Maybe they let him do it so he didn’t have to get up as early given that he’d still have his regular show in the afternoon. It’s not uncommon for talent based in other cities to work from home.

As reported a couple of months ago big changes ahead at KIIS 1011.

Hughesy & Kate are out of contract and will finish at the end of the year. Matt and Meshel are set to be replaced by Jase Hawkins and Polly ‘PJ’ Harding. Announcements regarding changes at the station is expected soon.
http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/bye-bye-hughesy-and-kate-end-of-an-era-for-kiis-fm-hosts/news-story/354826880963fac52273ff0b44420b08

KIIS have to make the move after this week’s ratings result. But does it mean Dave Hughes and Kate Langbroek will not host a radio show again?

I have always enjoyed listening to H&K so I will be sad to see them finally depart :frowning:

Wouldn’t it be a twist if H&K were doing Hit Drive next year.

5 Likes

H&K are rating fine, it’s KIIS 101.1 that’s struggling (as usual).

Why are Hughsie and Kate quitting KIIS? That’s the big question.

1 Like

IF they are I’d say they’ve been offered more money.

Otherwise maybe they’re leaving because they want more money.