KIIS Network

Thanks. He does get around.

1 Like

Jase and Lauren will have an exclusive interview with Kris Jenner next Monday at 8am, during their first show for 2023.

2 Likes

Is that supposed to be “big news”? Isn’t she interviewed by anyone who will pay her?

2 Likes

KIIS 1065 schedule from Monday

6-10/11am Kyle and Jackie O
10/11am-4pm Gordie
4-6pm Will and Woody
6-7pm KJ hour of Power
7-10pm Night Show with Mitch Churi

2 Likes

Just make Will & Woody 3-6pm and don’t bother with any second drive show.

It’s ridiculous now that stations choose two drive shows.

4 Likes

I heard part 1 of Lauren Phillips’ interview with Kris Jenner on KIIS 101.1 just after the 8am news. It was done via Zoom (Lauren apologised that she was not able to fly to LA to speak to Kris in person). Kris revealed she had just filmed a new Uber Eats commercial with Kendall.

Kris was very articulate in the interview but there was little new information from what I heard so far.

Turns out the interview is not so exclusive at all.

1 Like

Turns out the interview is not so exclusive at all.

Exclusive ‘radio’ interview.

1 Like

My god KIIS 97.3 play some lame songs. I like a lot of John Mellancamp songs but both times I’ve flicked over to 97.3 lately they’ve been playing his most overflogged songs - Hurts So Good, and Small Town. Ugh… 97.3 has always been like this, only the most overflogged songs. And how do these even fit with the KIIS brand? I don’t get what their strategy is.

5 Likes

And sponsored by Uber Eats.

2 Likes

Strange that Lauren was in LA just a few weeks ago and they couldn’t time it, guess Kris has a busy schedule!

1 Like

They don’t know what they are, half of their songs fit in Gold and the other half in Kiis
If they are going to be a Kiis station drop the 80’s and just be 90’s to now.

4 Likes

I thought someone mentioned KIIS97.3 now positions themselves as “100% Hits from KIISTORY to NOW!”

6 Likes

They are, even Sydney is using this positioner occasionally, KIIS 106.5 “Sydney’s #1 Hit music station is used the most.

Problem is KIIS 97.3 is trying to be something for everyone, fine in a regional market like Newcastle, Gold Coast or Sunshine Coast, but not Brisbane.

Either be a Pure Gold Station or a KIIS Network station and take on Nova106.9

But this cannot be done as ARN can only have one fm station in Brisbane. They were probably better shifting 97.3 to Pure Gold, and take on Triple M, and have Nova compete with B105.

KIIS 97.3 “from David Guetta to John Mellancamp, and everything in between”

6 Likes

KIIS 97.3 is a mess. I agree they should have gone Pure Gold primarily and just skewed a bit younger than WS/Gold. Broaden the 80s and 90s they play, and include some newer hits. That would fill the gap perfectly between Triple M and Nova/B105. I reckon that would rate No. 1.

4 Likes

Just when we thought they axed “The 3PM Pick-Up”, it returns but with Sam Smith.

Why would KIIS have to reuse the name? Why not just call it a “takeover”?

3 Likes

Especially when there’s no school at the moment!

2 Likes

On a brighter note, it’s good to see KIIS97.3 are bringing back the good old silly on-ground radio comps/stunts.

KIIS THE CAR (973fm.com.au)

1 Like

It won’t be done because the format has worked well for them over the years and no need to drop the 80s as there are already 2 HOT AC stations in Brisbane playing 90s to now. Also, Nova is a 50% shareholder in the license, and it would be stupid to create a direct competitor to 106.9.

1 Like

Brisbane and Perth only have one station each. Perhaps have the missing station in each market on digital only?

Pure Gold in Brisbane
KIIS in Perth

3 Likes

I think in Brisbane’s sense, they don’t really need to bother with having a PG DAB+ station - they just need to start to working with the River 94.9 team to slowly start integrate that station into Pure Gold.

With Perth though, 100% agreed - KIIS was never a good fit for 96FM - and I think it’s better for the station to be a Pure Gold station, and for advertising purposes have a KIIS Digital station on DAB+ (closing down the redundant 96FM 80’s DAB station in the pointless considering 96FM’s music is very 80’s focused anyway)

5 Likes