KIIS Network

the future of radio is shows - so interesting you listen to the radio for music - i am indeed the opposite. Music is best on streaming, shows start on radio.

1 Like

I am the opposite - I stream music because of the talk on FM radio. I don’t mind the good shows, but I can only think of one that’s actually entertaining - Kyle and Jackie O.

Most of the shows are just unfunny people laughing at each other.

Streaming is just music. It’s OK. It’s like having a good collection of music.

But music radio can offer a DJ and the energy that goes with having a person play the music. Radio can be local - it’s more than music.

Mind you, in Sydney commercial FM radio mainly consists of the same songs on the same stations day after day after day after day after day.

KIIS has a good vibe.

11 Likes

who are some of your favorite music/song presenters on KIIS.

2 Likes

The last good music station was 4KQ.

7 Likes

I love the music on KIIS but not a lover of the announcers. Gordon Waters is on in the morning but he sounds so nasally.

I work with men and women who have stunning voices, so much more than the KIIS and Nova DJs of the last decade.

WSFM has the best DJs in Sydney - they do more than just have the ability to talk - they have good voices.

Some of the announcers on smooth have good voices but they are always trying to sound so seductive that it feels like they are trying to give me a reach around.

5 Likes

And way too chipper about everything. It’s nauseating.

3 Likes

Ash London filling in for Will today on Will & Woody.

I’m expecting we will be seeing more of her on KIIS now that her husband Adrian Brine is the content director of KIIS 1011.

2 Likes

Oh cos women in the industry just follow their husbands? :melting_face:

1 Like

With Brittany Hockley reportedly competing on 10’s new reality show The Challenge in Argentina, I wonder if there will be fill-ins on Life Uncut radio show on the next couple of Saturdays?

2 Likes

she was on today. Sounds like they prepared for it or possibly live from the game

2 Likes

Its before 11am and Kyle and Jackie O still on air…

2 Likes

From what I know I think they frequently go past 10am and usually finish around 10:30am and sometimes go close to 11am.

2 Likes

Is Ali Clark still joined by the other two announcers? Their website & socials just feature her. Is she doing the show completely solo these days?

2 Likes

Does 973FM Brisbane play new music too?

1 Like

They play of a mix of 80s to today according to the ARN site:

2 Likes

I had a taxi driver last week he was listening KIIS 97.3

2 Likes

973 has always been ‘80s to now’ since it launched in 2001 and the format has consistently been a success.

2 Likes

2 Likes

Except for that their playlist hasn’t enough variety

4 Likes

Wtf is a cheese triangle

2 Likes