Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

I’ve told you before, too many ppl sliding into my DMs means a minimum seven day response time

2 Likes

I was trying to work out when I joined mediaspy. Is there any way of finding that out?

If it was on the old forums like many were, I don’t think there’s a way anymore. I’ve been wondering myself.

Search your email account for the original activation email?

I’ll dm you because this person keeps messaging me. (not a staff member). I’ve asked this certain person to stop.

1 Like

I used an old email address that I cannot access anymore.

That wasn’t me you have the wrong person.

1 Like

March 2008

2 Likes

I think I might know who that person is. If the same one then that person messages me often.

Why is there a limit of 3 consecutive posts in a topic? Can this be changed to 5?

1 Like

Allows other people to get a word in :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1 Like

I have some info to post in Federal Politics but can’t because I commented and then posted a couple of articles there over the past week.

It’s been raised before and I don’t think we could find a fix, but I’ve posted in there now so you should be able to post again.

1 Like

Thanks, mate.

1 Like

Trying to create a new (decent idea) thread, however I keep getting a “category can’t be blank” error despite the fact it auto-filled itself.

How do I delete my account? Getting tired of my posts being deleted. There is such a thing called freedom of speech. Whirlpool forums is much better than this forum full of moderators on power trips to stroke their egos.

Yes there is but there isn’t unrestrained freedom of speech.

Um…not sure if I would go there. I can name plenty of egotistical people out there but the moderators are pretty fair and moderate, at least in my opinion.

1 Like

Usually this is something I would move to PMs. However, in order, your last four posts that have been deleted have been:

• Saying ‘Good riddance’ to a presenter leaving
  • Asking whether a host on a show makes someone horny
  • telling someone ‘who cares’
  • asking someone to stop swearing.

I’m comfortable we’ve made the right call on each occasion to delete the posts.

As for deleting accounts, it’s a forum rule that we don’t.

16 Likes

To be fair he has a point about Bill Collins.

4 Likes

Hi all,

Couldn’t find a better place to say this but, after a long time considering this. I’ve made the decision to step away from MediaSpy for the timebeing. It’s been a difficult decision which was made based on the fact that there’s been a lot of things happening in my life (last year of high school) and as someone who always strives to do the best in everything I do and don’t want to mess up this, I think it’s best that I step away now and concentrate on my studies. Also, I want to step away because I feel like if I get too stressed and come here and post, it might affect what I say or think and may offend others and I don’t want that to happen, so I think it’s probably best I stepped away for now.

I might pop back from time to time but I won’t be a consistent poster like I am these days. I still enjoy analysis and commenting on Australian media so I’ll (hopefully) be back someday. For now, I’d like to thank MediaSpy members and the Moderators for the good time that I’ve had on this forum for the past 2-3 years. I’m by no means a long-time members but I’ve always felt like I belong here like the long-time members. There were many memorable moments on this forum and I certainly won’t forget, for now anyway :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Good luck to you all, and arrivederci!

Tom

15 Likes