Ideas, Issues, Suggestions

The site has been a nightmare this afternoon.

3 Likes

agreed all this oops error 500s and the such are getting annoying

1 Like

MISCONF Redis is configured to save RDB snapshots, but is currently not able to persist on disk. Commands that may modify the data set are disabled. Please check Redis logs for details about the error.

Thanks guys - I’m aware of the issue, I’ve kicked the server in the guts and hopefully it goes away

1 Like

A refresh for some elements of the site by the looks of it too!

2 Likes

Yes, I note that the “like” icon has changed, it’s now just an outline before its pressed.

5 Likes

Love the modifications to the layout in mobile. Much cleaner and easier to use :slight_smile:

Is the pop-up for comments in a different spot now? Or is this just happening for me?

Does MS have a ‘night view’? if so, how can you turn it on/off and if not, how difficult to implement?

Thanks, great site and community.

Not at this stage - we only have the current theme.

The accessibility options on your device might be of use if you’re finding it too bright?

1 Like

If you use a PC, use f.lux which can be downloaded here: https://justgetflux.com/. I have it installed on both my desktop PC and my Surface to automatically yellow the screen at dusk according to the time of year (later in the summer). All automatic so I forget I have it.

Otherwise, check your phone settings for a night-friendly setting. Many phones have a setting which will automatically give the screen a yellow tinge at night, which helps us sleep.

Yellow colours make us feel tired at night whereas blue (which is the brightest colour emitted by the sun) is predominant during the day. Apparently it has to do with how we evolved - cavemen had campfires which were yellow and that somehow made them tired. It was safer to under cover of darkness, and one way for the body to tell that it was dark was to recognise the dominant colour of light.

3 Likes

If you’re on an iPhone or iPad you can invert colours when you’re on a predominantly white webpage. Not idea, but helpful.

1 Like

Not an issue, an idea or even a suggestion, but I thought some of you might like to know that when browsing this site overseas on a tablet, I get some local ads e.g. for Singapore electrical outlets rather than Australian ones. I know this isn’t controlled by the mods or anyone else here.

Ja, vherever du are, the advertisements bekommt local. Vhen I’m in glorious Deutschland I receive deutsche ads.

5 Likes

A big thanks @FormerInsider for joining MediaSpy and contributing so much in their first few days.

Their rich history of pay TV in Australia is a valued resource, thanks very much.

I remember their contributions on other forums in earlier years. It’s a significant benefit to MediaSpy to have them join and share their recollections.

4 Likes

is there a way to untrack all your tracked topics at once without going into each thread and doing it manually?

How dare you. :wink:

1 Like

Is it just me or does Media Spy look a bit different today?

1 Like

Nah. Same old trolls bagging everything they don’t like and fanboys spruiking their favourite shows or networks. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

I love the new look for the post layout